• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

G3X Touch Calibration

stewartb

Anyone here done the post-installation calibration of a G3X Touch system? If willing to pass on a pirep would you please PM me? No trouble, just looking for advice and afterthoughts.

Thank you.

I’m starting setup on mine, my avionics guy set most up, he told me to download rev AE of the manual for specific info. Section 34 and 35 help a lot. Steve

Nobody? Wow. I'm fixing to muddle through it today. Reading the manual is the most boring reading ever. I'm sure the lawyers had a hand in that. In the future is anyone else wonders what it's like? Contact me. I'll try to help.

I'll never understand why the builder community is so silent when it comes to helping other builders.

I can’t help much since I haven’t calibrated mine, only entered some sensors but when in the setup screen after calibrating the green checkmark needs to be depressed whenever green, sometimes when a calibration is entered it backs up a page and another green checkmark appears. When done in the bottom right corner of the setup page is an icon ( save and reboot) u need to push, if you shut power off and reboot it’s not saved. I didn’t see that icon and kept loosing my entered data.

I just downloaded the newest firmware. It all starts there according to the manual. Time to stop thinking and start doing. I guess it's sink or swim!

I don't think it is that they won't help..they can't help because they don't know. Probably a handfull on this site that have set one of those up.

I have my hands full setting up my dual G5s, MVP-30, and GTX 335 and getting them to talk to each other. Luckily Garmin supplies a windows program to set up the transponder.

I have made two calls to Garmin and found them to be a great help. The Van's site is a good source.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dpT4DFID4gA

Nobody? Wow. I'm fixing to muddle through it today. Reading the manual is the most boring reading ever. I'm sure the lawyers had a hand in that. In the future is anyone else wonders what it's like? Contact me. I'll try to help.

I'll never understand why the builder community is so silent when it comes to helping other builders.

Yes, the G3Xperts and I have a long list of email correspondence. They've been very helpful. But that's not the issue or the question. User programming reports would be better than page after page of legalese, and that's what the manual offers. C'est la vie.

Stew, I’d pop that question to the RV guys. Sure as morning dew someone there has done it.

Or call/email one of CC guys - Mike Sasser, Mark Keneston, Chip Allen...

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Back