• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Is this a supercub??!

What’s the radio call on 15 mile final? Sounded like “Smoker 150” ? Lol.
And good CRM in that first airplane, with the first officer handling the radios and all....

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

You guys are rough!! My Super Cub looks very similar to that one, albiet much older! It's highly modified with a rip snorting 6-cylinder engine (mighty O-300), tube and fabric was replaced with aluminum monocoque construction, 4-seat capacity, replaced the stick with yokes, and best of all....I moved the tailwheel to the front so I can handle those 10kt. + crosswinds!! SJ is moving up to the worlds best all around aircraft!:wink:

I’m betting the interior looks like the color that happens when the dog eats a bullfrog and a avocado
at the same time and then hurls it up on the kitchen floor
Cessna must have gotten a really good buy on materials of that color interior
its everywhere. I had to pass on a 172 seaplane a few years ago it was burnt orange outside avocado interior couldn’t get past it
I
jim

HA! I can say without hesitation that nine hours in a three legs in on day in a skyhawk is PLENTY. 14.7 total time from Steve's Aircraft's Beagle Sky Ranch (awesome place by the way and great folks of course!) to Noah's Ark. Incredible scenery until you get past Salt Lake and then I have seen it enough to just want to get home. LJ did most of the flying as there was no auto-pilot :)

And now a picture of Wendy's cats to distract you from this topic...

cats.jpg

Attachments

• cats.jpg
    cats.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 217
I’m betting the interior looks like the color that happens when the dog eats a bullfrog and a avocado
at the same time and then hurls it up on the kitchen floor
Cessna must have gotten a really good buy on materials of that color interior
its everywhere. I had to pass on a 172 seaplane a few years ago it was burnt orange outside avocado interior couldn’t get past it
I
jim

I can attest that the interior is no longer that color... It was replaced with a nice light tan right after the paint job was completed..

Brian

Abyssinian cats are great, but I never had one....my cats pick me. They know a sucker when they see one. The Cat Goddess is in charge...
Can’t blame you Steve, I confess I still miss my 182 sometimes....

WHAT? It’s a Skyhawk? Now, you really DO owe us an explanation......

Last edited:
It finally surpassed the ME-109 as the most produced aircraft ever at 33,000 in the early 1970’s......

SJ, one of our favorite Alaskans reminded me that since you have turned in your man card, that must mean your SuperCub is up for sale. I happen to still be looking for one...

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Have you noticed that local newscasts which have "content which some may find disturbing" always seem to end with pictures of cute puppies or kittens? Coincidence? I don't think so...;-)

Thanks. cubscout

goat.jpg

Sadly, the speculation is more interesting than the facts!

Truth is, a local flight school I used to lease my old super cub to was in need of another flight training airplane and I had an opportunity to put it all together. Have not done leaseback for a number of years, but it worked out great for me last time - of course, that was when there were about 10 planes in the lower 48 with 31" tires and you could actually RENT one! We shall see.

I'm not an airplane snob. I think that anything that flies is pretty cool - now, I might not want to fly in it (i.e. "squirrel suit"), but I am amazed at what we get to do for fun and work!

Also, I figured if I was seen in a Skyhawk I might get less crap about showing up in my C180.... :lol:

sj

Attachments

• goat.jpg
    goat.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 180
Back