• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

1948 PA-17 Vagabond

rideandfly

Bought my first tailwheel aircraft at the end of March.

Previously owned a Cessna 150 and 150 Aerobat. Got checked out in the PA-17 Vagabond earlier this week and having lots of fun flying it. Has dual controls and pilot hydraulic toe brakes with Ceconite cover. Home base airport has 2000' & 2400' grass strips. This Vagabond has a C-85 FAA Field Approved installation with metal propeller and no electrical system. It has a 12 gallon tank. Seeing indicated about 80 to 85MPH @ 2000RPM & 90 to 95MPH @ 2200RPM, 2000MSL. Power off stall is 45MPH and gross weight is 1150 pounds.

Really like this airplane!!!!!!!!

Bill your in for a ton of fun. Like you my first plane was a Pa15 Vagabond 4670H with the anemic Lyc 0145 with a wishful 65 hp. You got a honey being lite and with a C85 in yours. I have flown 4 different ones up to a C90 one and they are all a joy to fly. Your a lucky boy, have a good time with one of the funnest airplanes ever built.

Glenn

Bill your in for a ton of fun. Like you my first plane was a Pa15 Vagabond 4670h with the anemic Lyc 0145 with a wishful 65 hp. You got a honey being lite and with a C85 in yours. I have flown 4 different ones up to a C90 one and they are all a joy to fly. Your a lucky boy, have a good time with one of the funnest airplanes ever built.

Glenn

Glenn,

The more I fly it the more I like it!!!! Out flying this morning, sweet bird and it's rigged nicely, too.

Thanks!

There’s a Carolina Cub Club hotdog cookout this Saturday at York, SC (sc01) if your able to attend. Grass strip.

Back