• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

1951 pa18 125 batterie ground

Markpa18125

I have a 1951 pa18 batterie is positive ground. A friend has a newer cub says his is negative ground when did this change? What do i need to do to update to an alternator.

Last edited:
Never heard of one using positive ground.

To change over to an alternator, decide on the alternator you want. Install it as per manufacturer's instructions. MAKE SURE THE BATTERY NEGATIVE TERMINAL IS TIED TO AIRFRAME GROUND! Ground test and flight test to make sure the voltage is set correctly and the current draw is correct.

B&C and Plane-Power both make good STC kits, so check them out and decide. You also have the option of installing a belt driven alternator or a gear driven style (uses the vacuum pump drive pad). Use new wire and new breakers and master switch.

Web

i wondered about ground being positive. Tractors that age were positive ground but were 6 volt. plane was recovered when i bot it maybe they put it wrong terminal.

Back