• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Grove wheels for 29”s on my CCEx

C130jake

BENEFACTOR
Four Corners Wyoming
I got a set of the light weight 29”s for Christmas. Going to take the skis and 850s off if spring ever arrives in Minnesota and the snow melts. I would like to get a separate set of wheels with disks to simplify the swap. Looking at Cubcrafters and Grove they seem to sell the the entire kit with calipers and pads. Can just wheels and disks be purchased and would it save any cash?

I tried calling Grove but the crabby lady said to call back when I have the part number for the wheels I currently have. I wasn’t at the hangar and CC uses their own part #. Seems CC has a better price than Grove. Might be different wheels?

Is this an easy swap or do I need some sort of extension. I have never had tires bigger than 850s. What sort of pressure should I run for grass and pushing around the hangar?

Still waiting for spring

Jake

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Check Airframes Alaska website abi wheels and brake disks or complete with calipers. Call them for application.

Jake, I do the same with my wheel-penetration skis. I had a set of 40-86 Cleveland wheels and they work fine with the Grove calipers. My Grove wheels with 31's mounted are 61-1A's. These are both for 1.50" dia. axles.

I’m gonna try to get to the AK airman’s show. Does Airframes usually have a show special? I could mule some wheels home and save shipping.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

Back