• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

C180/185 Club Newsletter Backissues?

180_jeff

Are there any pdfs posted anywhere with the newsletter backissues? I looked on the club website/forums, but didn't see anything. I am looking for a quite old one.

The newer ones are good for much except fly-in/gathering reports.
I joined for a year after I finally bought a 180, but I didn't see much benefit to it so let my membership lapse.
Much more 180 knowledge (or people who volunteer it anyway) here or on BCP than on the club site.

I joined for a year after I finally bought a 180, but I didn't see much benefit to it so let my membership lapse.
Much more 180 knowledge (or people who volunteer it anyway) here or on BCP than on the club site.
Completely agree. The older ones, however, did have some technical content. There were a couple that interested me (from like 10-15 years ago). I take it that the club did not scan these into PDFs and make available? I couldn't find them.

It’s strangely quiet there. Any idea why?

Oldest I found was issue #121 May of 1995. I joined in 1989 and don't think that was as far back as #41

Thanks for checking. I will double check the newletter index, maybe I wrote down the wrong number.

I also used to be a member of the club but left because I was getting nothing out of it. However, on the old website they had an 89-page pdf of maintenance articles and a 318-page pdf of technical articles. Not sure if those are still out there but they are a trove of information. I may know someone that downloaded them...

Jeff, looks like the topics in #41 (September 1983) were autogas, seat mods, turbos in 185s, and IO-470s in 180s.

A club newsletter I still have from Dec 2014 lists a 2011 club manual at $65.
I have a pdf file of it, if anybody wants a copy send me your email address in a PM.

Back