• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Supercub headliner

giangab

Hello to all.
My PA18/95 restoration project is progressing well and comming clos to covering the fuselage.
I understand it is better to place the baggage cloth headliner in advance. I have the original bows and new cloth made to matc the old removed headliner.
I would be grateful in getting hints on how to install the headliner avoiding wrinkles ...
Thanks in advance for your help.
Gian

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

IF your dead set on staying with the cotton headliner: (useless in Alaska but kind of nice for a “normal category ride” )

Install after all of the fabric work is completed and before any interior or glass is installed; otherwise it will get messed up with the fabric process. They used to be available in a light blue or gray cotton. I liked the blue better.
These are made of “virgin / untreated cotton fabric so they will shrink with water. Use a little spray bottle to wet it down but not saturate. Just don’t glue any wrinkles in and you should have good luck.
Caution with the glue as too much can soak through and stain the outside and look crappy
Make sure the cheesy little bows are in good condition and not kinked or twisted.

If done right they can add a touch of “class”if your trying to stay original.

I agree with Ed, my Wife and Bill Tracy installed a fabric headliner in his Super Cub after cover, prior to installing glass.

Atlee's metal headliner cuts down on headroom. Cub Crafters cant to a peak in the center and have better headroom. I always get agrivated at the shape at the D windows. They never seem to be the same shape so I end up making my own.

The weight of a metal headliner, associated trim parts and screws. I believe it’s an Atlee.....
D87A911C-1D2E-4AC2-8A34-86960AFE3889.jpg
85BECBF9-8DCD-4A88-B72D-B6131C937BCD.jpg

Attachments

• D87A911C-1D2E-4AC2-8A34-86960AFE3889.jpg
    D87A911C-1D2E-4AC2-8A34-86960AFE3889.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 85BECBF9-8DCD-4A88-B72D-B6131C937BCD.jpg
    85BECBF9-8DCD-4A88-B72D-B6131C937BCD.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 124
Back