• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Airplane Information Manual

Waldo M

Finger Lakes area, western NY.
When my daughter was learning to fly, I wrote a manual for the airplane. None was really needed to fly it, but I wanted her to have one to study to increase her knowledge and get her used to using a manual to prepare for more sophisticated airplanes later on. Piper never wrote one, and tens of thousands of pilots flew thousands of cubs just fine without it.

That being said, I will forward what I wrote to any registered PA-11 owner that wants it. It was written for serial number 11-284, which now has a Continental C-90-8F engine installed. It is not an official document, contains no performance tables, and refers to a specific airplane. Comments on how to operate the airplane are opinion only with no implication that they are accurate or valid. Just give me your name and registration number if interested. There will be no charge; the document is not offered for sale.

In the sixty-nine years since the last PA-11 was built, the airplanes have been worn out, repaired, rebuilt, modified beyond recognition, and worn out again. Consequently, "your results may vary".

Attachments

• Scan 7.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 570
Last edited:
..... Piper never wrote one, and tens of thousands of pilots flew thousands of cubs just fine without it.......

I have a "owner's manual" for the J3C-65.
About 4" x 7", 57 pages. Mainly about the airplane but some "flying tips' are included.
Mine was produced by WagAero, but it indicates that it is a reprint of a Piper manual.

J3 owner's manual.jpg

Attachments

• J3 owner's manual.jpg
    J3 owner's manual.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 254
I am lucky enough to have on original copy of the "How To Fly a Piper Cub" pamphlet produced by Piper in the 1940s, but at 57 pages, Wag Aero's manual must be more extensive. Sure hope it is more accurate than their parts fit.

When my daughter was learning to fly, I wrote a manual for the airplane. None was really needed to fly it, but I wanted her to have one to study to increase her knowledge and get her used to using a manual to prepare for more sophisticated airplanes later on. Piper never wrote one, and tens of thousands of pilots flew thousands of cubs just fine without it.

That being said, I will forward what I wrote to any registered PA-11 owner that wants it. It was written for serial number 11-284, which now has a Continental C-90-8F engine installed. It is not an official document, contains no performance tables, and refers to a specific airplane. Comments on how to operate the airplane are opinion only with no implication that they are accurate or valid. Just give me your name and registration number if interested. There will be no charge; the document is not offered for sale.

In the sixty-nine years since the last PA-11 was built, the airplanes have been worn out, repaired, rebuilt, modified beyond recognition, and worn out again. Consequently, "your results may vary".
I just purchased a J3-65F that was converted to a PA-11 and it would be great to have a copy of your material. Please send me a message and let me know what you need from me, thanks!

Back