• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Javeron Parts Availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did you receive your desired pound of flesh for the transaction that by your own description you were not a party to?

I asked a simple question. My pound of flesh is from those that said fake news, bs , vet your sources better....... all from people that had no first hand knowledge.
So I thought this thread had run its course. Or you just bored trying to stir the pot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked a simple question. My pound of flesh is from those that said fake news, bs , vet your sources better....... all from people that had no first hand knowledge.
So I thought this thread had run its course. Or you just bored trying to stir the pot?

No, not board just wanted to make sure you were happy.

Tempdoug, what is the story on these? Is this a known issue? Do they have a week spot? I’ve been leaning towards getting a set. I’d like to know more.

Sorry the thread drift, my experience with Jay has been first rate and likely the kit I would buy if I built another.

Check the acme thread. “Suspension test” on here. Acme responded

Ordered a park brake valve from Wicks one time, layed in its package for a year, idea never materialized, thought i wonder if they would take it back, Steves had just came along, called and they laughed at me, which i 100percent expected but i thought all im out is a 5 minute call. That was my learning lesson. Here its still laying on the shelf 10-12 years later in new shape, some day if nothing else it might become a ebay item. A lot of these things see what there policys are before you order. Heres summit racings policy, about the longest out there."If you're not satisfied with our products or our service, we'll refund your money. Just return any new or unused part within 90 days and we'll refund the purchase price." And i was just thinking, when i built my plane, before the Univair, javron, airframes time i went thru 3 fuselages till i found one that could be used and ate about $5000 back then, then i ran across a guy named Jim Soares at Belgrade, Montana and he made that $5000 worth every penny.

Last edited:
I have two comments: If you had executive geniuses running this kit company, they would reduce costs by all means or raise prices and the quality would go down to satisfy the "stockholders." Then a buyout and etc. etc. till it was milked dry. Live with the executive limitations and enjoy the quality and dedication put into the kits. Mistakes happen and people have limitations. It wasn't intentional. Otherwise expect higher prices or reductions in service to pay for the office upgrade. A lot of mechanical and engineering folks aren't wearing 3 piece suits, but they make great products to our collective benefit. The response could have been over the phone when the guy had a welding torch in one hand or was upside down in a fuselage. It might have gone downhill from there, or there may have been some harsh language.

Number two: Let it go. I agree entirely with your dissatisfaction, but this is turning into Fox vs. CNN, Pelosi vs. Trump. People's ( especially men's) lives are being destroyed by accusation. Guilty if, not as, charged. Let's try to move on. I'm going flying ASAP.

So, the $100 dollar question, if i buy a set of shocks from you and they sit on the shelf, never used, and want to return them, for a refund, how long till you wont talk to me.

Ok. So those of you that had said there is way more to this story and I don’t know what’s going on, BS! I dont know where you got your information. Of all of you I am the only person who was there first hand and saw them come out of the box. As for those that said Jay does not order from ACME and only did this as a favor to Dan and Paul, BS. I just talked to Jay and he confirmed that he did send these shocks to Paul. As for being 2 years before the kit? Nope with the kit, arrived last winter as I said. So I don’t know where you got your information but stop spreading lies.

Here is is where this thing got all blown up, not withstanding the total fabrications about Dan. Jay told Paul to try and see what Acme would do. It’s how it was said. Jay meant I haven’t been able to get Eric on the phone, maybe you can. Paul hears that as you just need to deal with Eric, not my problem. Either way after talking to Jay a few mins ago the resolution is Paul sends shocks to Jay. Jay refunds money to Paul and fixes problem with Acme. Just As I said it should happen at the very beginning of this thread.

Thru this I have always maintained Jay and Javeron produce excellent quality parts. I have also said the same about Acme shocks, as I plan to get a set myself after seeing how well they handle being dropped in hard by a new tailwheel pilot. All I asked was there any problems with getting parts. The first reply confirmed there were. Maybe expectations on delivery times were too high before he ramped up production. That’s in the past

But out for all this other stuff about uninvolved parties getting trashed, Jay said he knows nothing about where those rumors started.

So so final result, parts will be refunded, reputations hurt due to total rumors, Jay still makes good parts, “Dan does quality work”(Jays words) Paul has a very nice flying plane.

To piggy back off of that. We worked directly with Dan to expedite a set of shocks that would work for Paul's plane and did so in less than 4 days (we have a 4 week turnaround right now). My suggestion was to have Paul send the shocks back to Jay so he could get fully reimbursed for what he paid for the Gen 2's, which he is doing Friday. Jay is going to trade the Gen 2's in for a set of Gen 3's that he already has sold so he will make his money on them.

So when it's all said and done, Paul has brand new Gen 3 shocks that work great on his plane, Jay is getting an brand new set of Gen 3's he can sell and make his money on and everyone is happy.

Not sure where everyone has gotten their info or should I say misinformation from but in the end everyone is happy. Also not sure why anyone would get slandered on here. That serves zero purpose. Anyone that knows us knows that we stand behind our product 100% and will bend over backwards to make things happen for anyone.

Last edited:
Tempdoug, what is the story on these? Is this a known issue? Do they have a week spot? I’ve been leaning towards getting a set. I’d like to know more.

Sorry the thread drift, my experience with Jay has been first rate and likely the kit I would buy if I built another.

It is usually our policy not to comment on every post pertaining to our shocks unless there is misinformation. As a company we test every product to failure prior to it making it to the market. We know that the force needed to break those shocks in a straight line pull was 18,000lbs. When we learned of this set breaking we contracted a third party engineering firm to recreate the incident that caused the failure, come to a conclusion as to what happened and make recommendations as to improvements to guard against this happening in the future. I will no release in an open forum the details of the incident but I will say that it was the conclusion of the firm that the shocks failed because of a load that was outside of its intended use.

They also concluded that the cap material and subsequent strength was more than sufficient for its intended use but noted that if we changed the top cap material we could gain 4,000lbs more strength. As a company we offered to upgrade all of the gen-1 shocks to the new material at not cost to the customer. We even covered shipping. There are still gen-1'a flying that definitely aren't "crap" where the owner decided not to upgrade because the 18,000lb strength was more than sufficient.

We pride ourselves on safety as well as performance. We tested the Gen-2's in compression (simulated side load) and they are 1,500lbs stronger than AOSS (Gen 2's made it to 3,500lbs and AOSS made it to 2,000lbs). No other company out there knows their side load capabilities. To take it a step further, we had the opportunity to work with another company to develop a new shaft material and did so. The result of that development is the Gen 3 shocks will now make it to 5,500lbs in a side load as opposed to 3,500 of the Gen 2, 2,000 of the AOSS, and 1600 of a standard bungee.

Wd don't run from this picture at all. Hopefully this sheds a little light on the picture. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions. 704-806-3582

Hey Acme, you might want to read the thread before you repost a statement that you’ve made prior. The thread really isn’t about your response.

Don’t take that the wrong way, I’m saving up to be able to try out your strut’s.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

I was simply responding to the picture of the failed shocks being circulated here. I just added quotes to hopefully clear up the confusion.

Sorry bud, no fake news here. Believe what ever you want. I could really care less.
Oh, and I have the balls to at least use my real name on all my posts.

Sorry bud, no fake news here. Believe what ever you want. I could really care less.

I'd really hate to say the moderators need to boot anyone from the site, but it's time for you to go... go troll somewhere else!!!

Many people don’t necessarily use their name on this site and it has nothing to do with not having balls. However, the member area does list those users with full name and contact information for most of us. With all due respect to all, sometimes a public forum such as this may not be the best place to try and resolve contentious issues.

I'd really hate to say the moderators need to boot anyone from the site, but it's time for you to go... go troll somewhere else!!!

Really?
Explain where in this thread tempdoug has added any useful information. He brought up about the one pair of Acme shocks that broke. Do you know the circumstances of how they broke? Probably not. All he has done is stir the pot. It’s funny, people “slander” Acme and I stand up for them, no one cares. Post factual information about another vendor, no point in saying who, and I get hate mail and it’s all fake news. Mike you have no idea what you do t know. But again, nothing fake here.
Chinook posts some problems he had with some parts. Replies were this guys is new and his first post he complains about his parts. Who is he? Don’t see him around anymore can’t imagine why. But funny, the thread he posted in was titled are we too picky or what, complaining about Legend and Univair. Bad parts that didn’t fit. Oh, but there it is believable. Second post in this thread was someone else adding their experience. Fake news too?
You like Jay and Javeron? Ya, all should have let this thread die where I said it had come to a conclusion. No reason to keep stiring this up, because there were no lies told by me.

Really?
Explain where in this thread tempdoug has added any useful information. He brought up about the one pair of Acme shocks that broke. Do you know the circumstances of how they broke? Probably not. All he has done is stir the pot. It’s funny, people “slander” Acme and I stand up for them, no one cares. Post factual information about another vendor, no point in saying who, and I get hate mail and it’s all fake news. Mike you have no idea what you do t know. But again, nothing fake here.
Chinook posts some problems he had with some parts. Replies were this guys is new and his first post he complains about his parts. Who is he? Don’t see him around anymore can’t imagine why. But funny, the thread he posted in was titled are we too picky or what, complaining about Legend and Univair. Bad parts that didn’t fit. Oh, but there it is believable. Second post in this thread was someone else adding their experience. Fake news too?
You like Jay and Javeron? Ya, all should have let this thread die where I said it had come to a conclusion. No reason to keep stiring this up, because there were no lies told by me.

as explained here before, they removed R&R... this place is for positive stuff, not trolling.... go away

nothing to do or invested in any of it, whats the deal? Mike, no R-R going on just a litlle flushing. This whole thread is a very good deal, why would anyone want to spend $3500 for anything they cant use and not be able to return it. Just trying to find out the real deal, thats all. Maybe this will save some people some anguish or a broken airplane.
OK, so heres the whole deal read it, in post number #41 from ACME sounds like everyone involved is happy, except for you and you dont have

Last edited:
ok- I built a Javron 2200lb last year. I ordered Acme shocks. Jay didn't have shocks sitting on a shelf. Mine were actually shipped straight from Acme. I had several phone calls with Acme about the Javron cub, they listed the Javron on the invoice papers, yet no one every put 2 and 2 together that the shocks were Gen 2 and shouldn't be on a 2200 pound cub. I truly believe Jay didn't know either. Truthfully, just in my phone calls with Acme, I would have thought they should have recognized the error also. Just talked to them today. They are taking my gen 2 shocks back and I'm moving to gen 3 shock and paying a difference. Bummer, but I'm getting the correct and a much better version of them. I don't think anyone believes Jay makes Acme shocks directly and when you order them from Jay you know they are coming from Acme. Mine were shipped from Acme direct to me. Yes, I would be more upset if I had a failure, but life goes on and I'm not going to obsess about it. Acme shocks Gen 3 will be done and shipping next week I am told by Acme. Acme knows they both missed the obvious. Yes, Jay has some operation concerns, but he is good guy, makes a great product and I would buy another from him. I paid Jay for the shocks, but I don't think he marked it up any. Doug H

I dont think over a year ago ACME even knew the Gen3s would exist. Jay dosent have any operation concerns if your a human being, that comments from my personal dealings.And when the Generation 4 and 5s come out then what??

Last edited:
Like a few others I too have built a Javron Cub. I met Jay in person and worked with him for a week up at Breezy Point. Jay goes out of his way to make things right. Just like the rest of us he's human so sometimes it takes more that one try to get everything right. I got frustrated at times but Jay and I were always able to come to a reasonable solution. I'm sure Jay may have been frustrated at me as well, but neither of us went on line to bad mouth someone.

I agree with Mike, time for Todd to go away. Figure out how to work with people not flame them on a site in a misguided attempt to trash their business.

Nelson

Maybe it is time for me to go away. But someone seems to be keeping this thread alive. And those people don’t seem to read and understand the earlier posts, and don’t check sources of facts.

Tempdoug, yes ACME did know gen 3 would exist a year ago,actually they knew a lot longer than a year ago. Did they know when they would be available? No. Because like any good engineering company they made sure they were thoroughly tested. To answer the question you would probably reply with early......Yes the gen 1 were thoroughly tested before release. They tested stronger than bungees and hydrasorbs that you so much love. And as a company when 1, not multiple shocks broke they retested them. They were independently verified to be of design strength and the failure was a freak occurrence of exceeding design usage. Your bungees would have been like wet spaghetti. So what did they do? They offered free upgrades to gen 2. Not a $100, or even $500 discount. Free upgrade. So lay off them. That’s customer service. Oh, and what happens when gen4 or 5 come out? Nothing. At least for you. As you have clearly stated your devotion to bungees. So you care why?

Now for the 2200# issue. Yes the gen3 is best for the 2200#+ javeron and other cubs. But as I clearly stated earlier this wasn’t a gen2 vs gen3 and 2200# issue. The Acme shocks that were sent were for a 1300# max airframe. They had sent them to jay for a project he had been working on earlier. Cool, no problem...yet. I’m guessing when Paul ordered his with ACME shocks Jay saw he had a pair in stock and sent them. Totally forgetting they were for the wrong airframe. Honest mistake. So in reality ACME is taking back a lightweight gen2 shock that was less expensive, and sending Jay a more expensive gen3 heavyweight shock in return. Find an aviation company that has that level of customer service that makes most people with at least a mildly pleasant demeanor happy. If you are a major grouch that doesn’t smile at a puppy and hates rainbows and ponies they probably won’t make you happy either.

Yes this his is my real name, I’m not an actor or paid spokesperson. Your results may vary.

So if they offered free upgrades to everyone wheres the problem that you started out with??? You posted all this for nothing. Read that again. I dont think you understand the earlier posts. Im keeping it alive because i ate some cash when i built my plane, wasnt on landing gear, had some learning curves to overcome. All my own fault. Nobody elses. Hoping first time builders understand this stuff. Go to your post number 10 and read it again, and now you say theres no problem, everyone is taken care of for no cost, im confused. Lots of bungees and hydrosorbs on 2200 lb cubs just have to put the right ones on, they wont turn into spaghetti. What number bungees did they do there tests with? And now your saying gen2s are even lightweights, thats interesting also. How come acme on there website dosent tell people there 1st 2 generations are lightweight? By the way, i dont love bungees i just know there time tested and work, i always keep an open mind.

Last edited:
So if they offered free upgrades to everyone wheres the problem that you started out with??? Read that again. I dont think you understand the earlier posts. Im keeping it alive because i ate some cash when i built my plane, wasnt on landing gear, had some learning curves to overcome. Hoping first time builders understand this stuff.

Is English your second language? I’m having problems following exactly what your point or question is here. I don’t think first time builders can even understand what you just wrote.

to quote billy Madison
Mr. Tempdoug, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it.

They don’t tell them they are lightweight because they came in different versions. One for light sport or J3 weight one for standard 2000# super cubs. Now with the experimental supercub clones pushing up to 2500# they offer a heavyweight version, along with the standard 2000# and light sport 1300# versions.

Do do some research. This information is readily available. Or you could just call the guys at ACME. They would gladly answer any questions you might have.

You seem to think I have some vendetta against Javeron , which I don’t, but you clearly have one against ACME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back