• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Which cub is this?

Goodyear 25x11x4 are the perfect look on a 11, 4" wheel looks better then 6"

Glenn
I agree. That's what's on mine. would like to do the Grove conversion but then I'd be committed to old tires.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I believe Wayne Mackey rebuilt my -11 fuselage for the Johnson Brothers, with an -18 style topdeck. Front v braces are “V” like the -18.
I think 26” AS’s look awesome on a J3, and the -11 can go either way, 26 or 29.
I have 29’s, since it helps to compensate. [emoji849]

Image1518368649.423949.jpg

IMG_0238.JPG

Transmitted from my FlightPhone

Attachments

• Image1518368649.423949.jpg
    Image1518368649.423949.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0238.JPG
    IMG_0238.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 230
An interesting perspective about tires. Look at small tires vs big tires with covered gear vs uncovered gear.

It seems that big tires “look” better to me when the gear is open, where smaller tires seem to fit the look with closed gear legs.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

I agree. That's what's on mine. would like to do the Grove conversion but then I'd be committed to old tires.

Yes, and all the 4 inch tires are obscenely expensive....may as well call ABW, if you’re spending that much anyway.

MTV

Yes, and all the 4 inch tires are obscenely expensive....may as well call ABW, if you’re spending that much anyway.

MTV
I've got two sets of the 25's so I should be good for as long as I need them

I've got two sets of the 25's so I should be good for as long as I need them

When I first went to AK, we ran those tires on most of our Super Cubs. We even had AWB retractable wheel skis that'd been modified with longer arms to work with these tires. Wanta talk about heavy undercarriages?

Hang onto those, and keep them out of the sun.....those things must be like gold these days. Of course, so are Airstreaks....

MTV

In 2015 I had 4 pair of 25's (one set on the PA-11), a box of 4" brake parts with intact bladders and pads (6-8 total), a pair of 8.00's on 4" rims, a few Landes fiberglass adapters and metal ones, and offered them for sale here and there. Nothing. Even had my neighbor who wanted to meet undesirables via social media advertise them. Nothing. Gave them away with the plane and the new owner Tom said he'd sell them somehow. Hope he did as he treated me very well. The bladders and pucks are expensive if bought new.

My 4" Cub tire and wheel story.

Oh and BTW...unlike Bushwheels the rubber was still intact on the tires after decades instead of months.

Gary

Perhaps, but mine stops when I apply pressure to brake pedals.....

MTV

Mike, they work just fine if you understand how they work ;-)

C85 stroker 2350rpm runup facing downhill, 25" GY, stock brakes

CLICK ON little PHOTO AND IT WILL TURN INTO A VIDEO

They even hold my 31" up to 2200rpm

Glenn

18-95. Damn cool airplane.

If any of you find my lost youth kindly let me know.

Back