• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

AOPA MasterCard Hacked

Richgj3

BENEFACTOR
LI,NY
I got a letter from Bank of America saying my AOPA Master Card was potentially compromised along with a number of others. They sent me a new card. I notice the new card is a just a regular Master Card without AOPA branding. I don’t care at all about that, but now I’m curious if the hack had something to do with AOPA.

I wonder if anyone else here has has this experience in the last week.

Rich

Pretty unlikely. That seems to be a pretty regular thing with my B or A Visa. They have notified me that it was compromised by a vendor and replaced my cards at least twice in the last year. Doesn't have anything to do with the sponsor (AOPA). It has everything to do with a vendor you have used that has been hacked.

-Cub Builder

Thanks

That’s what I thought but I was curious why the new card didn’t have anything to do with AOPA. Maybe that program ended.

Rich

Get those credit card limits down to the bare essential, and call in if you need more or going to make a larger purchase. I cant believe the credit card companies dont have a computer notice every time theres a , say $500 charge against your account. I think they make so many millions a few bad transactions in the ratio really dosent matter much to them anyway.

I only have one card and it wasn’t hit this time. Apparently they detected a problem with one of the vendors I used (they never say who) and issued new cards to everybody involved. I have been hacked before and never was liable but always ended up with a new card. It’s a minor PIA because I have contact the vendors who have it on file. I try to keep that to a minimum but there’s a few.

I would rather keep a higher limit than make a phone call prior to buying my second dinner in a month. Remember, I live in NY!

Rich

BoA and AOPA recently ended their partnership. Read something about it not too long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Both of my credit cards (including B of A Visa) allow text message alerts anytime they are used that include the vendor and amount.. The unforeseen downside is I know when my wife is shopping on line!!

I haven’t heard anything on my AOPA card but my a visa. I also have it link up with life lock. I did get a letter from AOPA that they not going be Bank of America any More.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Back