• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Awesome News from New Holstein!

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
The City of New Holstein has acquired the old Tecumseh site and has a plan to redevelop it. Many of you will recognize Bob Bosma in this video as he is always a huge help at the fly ins, and of course, a great booster of New Holstein.

I have always said that New Holstein is one of the greatest little cities I have ever been in. They don't just dream big, they make things happen.

Here is the link to the article and video: http://www.wbay.com/content/news/Idle--470776853.html

sj

Ah, just tell Bob to build Honda Motors in there and get all those people back to work. 1700 I hate to see that.

That’s really a good move, from my experience with municipalities I can tell you that having a dead plant site in the community is deffinately a Debbie Downer for both the residents and future business prospects. I think they are making a very positive step, only thing I would recommend is that they add to their plan is developing a business incubator for young start ups, those are magnetic to young people.

Last edited:
If you came over once in a while instead of staying at Oshkosh you would notice a rather large lake you have to fly over to get there... :lol:

sj

I have flown over that lake and actually landed in it with you. Problem is it wouldn't be in your backyard with all your neighbors like the lake you live on now.

Do you remember going to NH in the early days and seeing the airport mowed with 21" wide mowers by high school and college students. I was amazed at first until it was explained they were Tecumseh testing engines. You were in tall cotton if your mower had self propelled.

John, I had the same experience when I first flew in to NH. I overflew the airport and saw people walking rather aimlessly around and when I landed the grass was immaculate...like a lawn! Someone told me after landing that these were high school and college kids doing testing on Tecumseh engines. Wow, what a workout!

Steve Pierce, I know they don't have a lake, but they have a terrific swimming pool! Not to bring up a pretty ugly story, but a few years ago it was hot as Hades and some of the gang were sitting around the Pavilion wishing there was a lake. Someone suggested going to the brand spanking new public swimming pool and before we knew it Charlie Aileron, the Donald, Steve Lewis, Lou Furlong, Lori Fetterling and others that I choose to block from my memory showed up at the pool in swimming trunks (uh, oh, now the image of those guys in swimming trunks is scarring me). It was a noisy pool, until we emerged from the dressing area. It was as if a gaggle of lepers showed up...dead quiet as these supercub gents strolled into the pool area sporting pearly white, spindly legs. The hush was palpable, as the group en masse jumped into the pool and we had a great time.

"Don't need no stinkin' lake" was the motto.

Randy

John, I had the same experience when I first flew in to NH. I overflew the airport and saw people walking rather aimlessly around and when I landed the grass was immaculate...like a lawn! Someone told me after landing that these were high school and college kids doing testing on Tecumseh engines. Wow, what a workout!

Steve Pierce, I know they don't have a lake, but they have a terrific swimming pool! Not to bring up a pretty ugly story, but a few years ago it was hot as Hades and some of the gang were sitting around the Pavilion wishing there was a lake. Someone suggested going to the brand spanking new public swimming pool and before we knew it Charlie Aileron, the Donald, Steve Lewis, Lou Furlong, Lori Fetterling and others that I choose to block from my memory showed up at the pool in swimming trunks (uh, oh, now the image of those guys in swimming trunks is scarring me). It was a noisy pool, until we emerged from the dressing area. It was as if a gaggle of lepers showed up...dead quiet as these supercub gents strolled into the pool area sporting pearly white, spindly legs. The hush was palpable, as the group en masse jumped into the pool and we had a great time.

"Don't need no stinkin' lake" was the motto.

Randy

But a pond at the airport would be cool

Glenn

My comment was really in just to Laura, I can tell she really enjoys here lake and the community around it. New Holstein has a great community and would entail a different leisurely past time. I have very fond memories of our time at New Holstein.

Back