Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Champion/ACA Owners....Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart23Sept View Post
    Hi folks,

New to the site in search of Stewart Systems info, I own a '68 Champion 7ECA.

Anyone else here with Champion or ACA aircraft? There's an active group on Facebook but forums sites are so much better!

Thanks,
    Bart
    Owned 2 Champs a Scout then a SC and went back to a Scout. It fits my needs better and for me the advantages outweigh cons. Champ clan as I call it keep pretty quiet here to avoid brutal beatings at gatherings. Welcome to SC.org. Much knowledge and motivation here in a struggling industry.

20160417_104929_resized.jpg
    Thank a sheepdog today for they are standing guard!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scout88305 View Post
    Owned 2 Champs a Scout then a SC and went back to a Scout. It fits my needs better and for me the advantages outweigh cons. Champ clan as I call it keep pretty quiet here to avoid brutal beatings at gatherings. Welcome to SC.org. Much knowledge and motivation here in a struggling industry.

20160417_104929_resized.jpg
    We still love you Eric ok you have a cool dad and lovable dog.

Glenn
    "Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"
    Likes 8GCBC, WWhunter liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My local EAA chapter has equipment they lend out, including scales and a really cool bore scope. I don't see why one couldn't weigh a plane without adult supervision and not have it be part of the permanent record. You don't even have to level it if all you want to know is the weight.

My early Citabria has a useful load of 496 lbs. I'm going to be a weight freak when it needs to have the covering stripped off. Even 20 lbs is worth going after (over 3 gallons of gas giving me another 30 minutes of legal air time. I'll take it).

Off topic, I just found this sub forum and wanted to learn more about Supercubs anyway so I'm stoked to be here. I much prefer forum content over facebook feeds. The news feed nature of it means you get recent posts whether you're interested or not, and less ability to browse content that might interest you today.
    Thanks 8GCBC thanked for this post
    Likes Bart23Sept, gntw liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! My other plant is a 61 ECA I use the A portion quite a bit . When I grow up I may go for a scout. Until then I’m building a SC.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Post Thanks / Like
    hey guys, i went public today with a new website..... ChampCitabriaDecathlonForums.com

Thanks 8GCBC thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart23Sept View Post
    hey guys, i went public today with a new website..... ChampCitabriaDecathlonForums.com

http://champcitabriadecathlonforums.com

I don't know what it is with this site but the only way I can make a link active is to copy it then put it in a reply on the J3 site then copy the link from the preview and then post it on here?

Glenn

"Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Good deal. I hope its an active successful site. Most Aeronca/Champion/Bellanca type forums are not very active.
    Thanks Bart23Sept thanked for this post
    Likes cubscout liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys. there are so many of these airplanes out there it just seemed like a no-brainer to do this!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aftCG View Post
    My local

My early Citabria has a useful load of 496 lbs. I'm going to be a weight freak when it needs to have the covering stripped off. Even 20 lbs is worth going after (over 3 gallons of gas giving me another 30 minutes of legal air time. I'll take it).
    Might be a 'Airport Legend', but story goes one guy building a small fabric plane took the time to use thin washers and to cut off the ends of every bolt to minimum length on rebuild. Put all the cut off ends in a can. At the end the can contents were over 5 lbs.

Don't know why you couldn't just have the correct length of bolt... and use thin nuts anywhere in shear, but the idea goes that if you add washers and longer than needed bolts, it adds up.
    I don't know where you've been me lad, but I see you won first Prize!
    Likes Airhutch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Great! I just signed up. But doesn't appear to be a way to start a thread in the Decathlon area.

Hope you have better luck than the Aeronca forum has had.
    Thanks 8GCBC, 62E thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    And then there those of us interested in Scouts, too.

Thanks. cubscout
    Thanks tripper thanked for this post
    Likes 8GCBC liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bob turner View Post
    Great! I just signed up. But doesn't appear to be a way to start a thread in the Decathlon area.

Hope you have better luck than the Aeronca forum has had.
    Go to that area of the forum, and start typing in the "Thread Title" box. Presto! The edit dialog box for the text of your post appears right before your eyes... (This coming from the guy who couldn't figure out where to add a "signature line" - only to have it pointed out as being directly below the other dialog which I HAD successfully used... )
    Jim Parker
    '65 Champion 7ECA - Flying
    ?? Bearhawk Patrol - Building

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Bart23 Sept! I have visited your website!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice fire👍
    How to fly an airplane.....Stick forward houses get bigger....Stick back houses get smaller...
    Likes 62E liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump. The new ACA forum that Bart took the time and expense to create needs some participants. I am sure it will not be as big as Supercub dot org, but it does not deserve to die. Just drop in and add a comment. Or ask a question.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bob! I'll slug away at it a little longer and we'll see what happens. If people like the club forum or facebook better then that just is what it is.