• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Field approval for wheel penetration skis

algonquin

Seldovia,Ak
Hi Guys , I'm going to try to get a field approval for a pair of LW2500 wheel penetration skis on a Pacer. They aren't listed in the airglass STC or on the TCDS, So wondering if anybody has had any luck with field approvals for like situations, thank you in advance.

Hi Guys , I'm going to try to get a field approval for a pair of LW2500 wheel penetration skis on a Pacer. They aren't listed in the airglass STC or on the TCDS, So wondering if anybody has had any luck with field approvals for like situations, thank you in advance.

aren't skis in the approved 2nd part of 43.13??

par 500 of AC 43.13-2B states that the included data in the Advisory Circular only applies to wheel replacement skis and also states that it does not apply to tire cushioned, wheel penetration skis with the exception of tail wheel skis, or hydraulic skis.

Tim

par 500 of AC 43.13-2B states that the included data in the Advisory Circular only applies to wheel replacement skis and also states that it does not apply to tire cushioned, wheel penetration skis with the exception of tail wheel skis, or hydraulic skis.

Tim

Yep you’re correct! I had to read paragraph 500 like 6 times. It could have been written better.

Get a field approval Tom.

What do you think of ref. 43-13-2b and combining the STC For the skis and the ref. To the TCDS that approves similar skis.and just do it as a log book entry?

I think the field approval may be the only ans. I'm headed up home in Feb. , maybe I can get it done in ANC. Trying for one in NY would be a waist of time.
How everything going Charlie?

I think the field approval may be the only ans. I'm headed up home in Feb. , maybe I can get it done in ANC. Trying for one in NY would be a waist of time.
Pretty well Tom! Started flying a P Baron in my spare time. Kind of a different beast!

Better off trying to get the field approval in Anchorage I suspect.

See if you can get the one on Summits on a 18 FAed also while you're up there

Glenn

With some more info, I might be able to do an 8110-3 Approval. Basically the same as a Field Approval but done by a DER. If you were in the Baltimore FSDO, I could do a Field Approval on my DAR, but that’s restricted by geography.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a FA for TrickAir skis on my Tcraft with no problem at the FSDO in Rochester, NY with no problem. Had pictures of the installation on a Tcraft in Canada that helped.

Jim

Tcraft21, would you send me a copy of the FA? Also wondering how long it took to get it back? I'll PM you my email

Back