• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA 18-150 Engine TBO

vj88

Anchorage, AK
Hello again,

I am a planning for the rebuild of my O-320 150 wide deck and am looking for recommendations on what to include in the build for a certified PA-18. If there are any resources that I can read feel free to share. In addition to the 160 horse what do you recommend in the build? What additional modifications or weight loss opportunities do I have during the engine rebuild? Located in Anchorage AK and who do you recommend for the engine build? Lastly I still want to run autogas.

Appreciate the information.

Last edited:
160 hp with auto fuel stc available for the engine and airframe.

Custom aircraft engines at Palmer

Alaskan Aircraft Engines at Merrill

Go talk to the shops and see what kindof feeling you get. You will be dealing with them. Get to know em.

160 hp with auto fuel stc available for the engine and airframe.

Custom aircraft engines at Palmer

Alaskan Aircraft Engines at Merrill

Go talk to the shops and see what kindof feeling you get. You will be dealing with them. Get to know em.

What he said!!

Talk to the shops and see what they are willing to do, and warranty. Just because you can, does not make it a good idea:oops:

Building a race sled up right now and paying for previous sins from previous owner:evil:.

Now would be a great time to consider starter/alternator/mag options though.

Talk to your prospective overhaulers about balancing crank, rods, pistons. What are your cylinder options? Who’s machining the case? What’s being done to crank, cam, followers, lifters? What about the accessory case? Mags, starter, carb? Will the engine meet service limits or new limits? Don’t assume anything. Ask. Then put your requirements in a contract.

A few thing you can do you can port and polish your cylinders, can switch your cam to a 76097 if it's not already. Come check us out at custom aircraft. We have an i0-540 on the dyno right now you can see to.

Back