• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

O-290 Long Mount Field Approval

LMartin

Lisa Martin
FRIEND
Coeur d'Alene, ID
I have searched the thread history and can't find an answer to my question. Is it still possible to start a new thread? I'm trying to find out if there are any Field Approvals for an O-290 D2 with a long mount. We'd like to run out the O-290s we have, that have been on the engine since 1971, that the FAA now says doesn't have legal papers.

Lisa, yes you can start a new thread. I moved your post to a new thread in the PA12 Forum. By long mount I assume you are operating a PA12?

Thank you. I didn't see it on new stuff. It is a PA12, and it seems like we found an STC for $149 on Wag-Aero. Phew!

There is also a STC from Copper River SA1-373.
This STC allows the motor mount tubes to be reinforced instead of replaced.

Pretty common motor on a stock PA-12. My first two PA-12’s had an O290 D2. Great motor but hard to find some of its parts now.

It's a great motor. Light, 4.5 gph, performs great. It's sick that it's no longer supported. We have one mid time and one new overhaul (with brand new cylinders) left, then we'll probably have to go to the O320s.

Back