• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA-25 Pawnee engine mount torque values?

cubscout

FRIEND
I've been working on this Piper Pawnee project lately. In putting things back together, can't seem to find the torque value for:
  • Engine mount to firewall
  • Engine Dynafocal mounts to engine mount
Any help appreciated.

Thanks. cubscout

From my PA25 Piper Pawnee Service Manual:
Torque the nuts progressive, following a circular sequence until a torque value of 450-500 inch-pounds is reached.
Parts manual calls out qty 4 each AN6-27A bolt, AN960-616 washers and AN364-624 nuts. Mount to fuselage is not specified but the table in the back shows 3/8-24 bolts, AN series torqued to 180-190 inch- pounds in tension and 96-110 inch-pounds in shear. I could see where it is in both but the AN364 nut is a low profile shear nut.

Thank you again for all your help Steve. That's what my PA-25 parts book shows also. However my I.A. objected to the AN-364-624 nuts, as this application is forward of the firewall. We went with AN363 all metal nuts, which is what was on there before; just didn't torque past "snug" for now.

And dang, Steve I should probably just put you on retainer for all the help you've been to me on stuff like this :smile:.

Thanks. cubscout

Back