• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New rating

C130jake

BENEFACTOR
Four Corners Wyoming
Passed my checkride tonight. 8 days of school. Anyone know of a FBO that rents A350s? Now I can get back to cub flying.
a1c09b3ea3a160fc389c163ea4940bee.jpg

43ed62fbc2bd1d03ee84de2745520f44.jpg

The G3x Touch is still a little more advanced but not by much.

Jake

Sent from my SM-G930V using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Congrats, I'm curious as to why you have the English proficient limitation on the Airbuses and the VMC only for the circling approaches? Aren't these limitations covered on the ATP portion of the certificate? Do you need to speak French to take the check ride? Also what happened to your SES rating that you got a few months ago?

Wow Jake, that is a lot of stuff packed in there. So you do not have single engine commercial privileges is the way I read that, correct?

sj

Feds are slow getting the SeS on there. 45-60 days. I guess that’s why the temporary is good for 120 days. I think the English proficient is for international flying but I am not sure. (Either that or they know I am from Duluth and went to public schools) The VMC circling approach restriction is because we don’t train in circling approaches anymore.(Did them in the DC9 in MDW a bunch) I had a half year of French in 8th grade so no French required.

SJ, you are correct, no single engine commercial/ATP so my CFI/II is only good for teaching multiengine. I plan on single engine ATP add on to fix that. (Easier than the commercial) I only flew multiengine after my private pilot and took the military competency test to add commercial multiengine and CFI.

SJ, how do you rotate a picture that’s posted upside down?

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

Last edited:
Ha! Fun thread... I’ve kept every temporary certificate back to my student/medical in 1973. The envelope is quite thick, but I’m glad I did it. There are even several paper licenses that arrived after I had turned in a temporary certificate to get a new rating. I also recently came across the letter I received from the FSDO (GADO at the time) stating that I had passed my ATP ride, and as soon as I turned 23 I could present the letter for my certificate. When I walked into the GADO on my birthday I was met with skepticism by the first inspector who had never heard of this before.... A little panic attack later I walked out with my license.. Congrats to both of you with new licenses/ratings.. something to enjoy as they represent lots of hard work!

Hmmm? Both of you have the English proficient limitation. Must be something "new" that the FAA rule maker lawyers have come up with. Neither one of you are non US citizens.

Jake, since you received your SES prior to the A350 it should be there. If I were you I would be on the phone with someone as it seems as though if fell off somewhere along the way.

Everyone in US gets English proficient on licens now. Started 4 or 5 years ago. It's an ICAO thing.

Colorguns, does that birth yeat say 51, 61 or 81? This ol' Galaxy III doesn't exactly boast resolution.

Back