• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Pick the paint scheme for your new airplane!

Voting is now closed. Stay tuned for the winning paint scheme, and keep an eye out for the color poll!

Hooray. "D" has always been my favorite! Strangely this was the exact configuration of my father's competitor in the banner towing business in the late 50's and we really did not like him, so we must have really loved the Cub and its paint scheme. (Dad operated Stearmans)

How about just temp numbers until you know if the winner is a pilot that would like small ones on the tail:oops:
DENNY

That's something we've been toying around with. We're thinking about putting the large N numbers on with a vinyl decal instead of painting them on. That way, if the new owner wants small N numbers, it'll be easier to do.
How about just temp numbers until you know if the winner is a pilot that would like small ones on the tail:oops:
DENNY

That's something we've been toying around with. We're thinking about putting the large N numbers on with a vinyl decal instead of painting them on. That way, if the new owner wants small N numbers, it'll be easier to do.

Are there people that want large N numbers?

if people want large numbers they can just do a double sticker, bigger outline base(or other color) color then stick numbers on that.... thats what most do when they buy an old covered fuselage to marry to a different project...

B & D definitely small N numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are trying to stick to a 'factory' paint scheme, hence the large N number.

My Cub is painted "D". I used 10 inch "N numbers" instead of the 12 inch on the drawing. 10 inch is the legal minimum in New Zealand. The 12 inch look too large on that scheme. Just another angle.

Andrew.

Attachments

• IMG_2586.jpeg
    IMG_2586.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 104
Use small painters tape number to get it to the show and New owner can pick size and location at the show.
DENNY

Back