• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Federal 2000A info request

55-PA18A

SPONSOR
Dillingham, Alaska
Are Federal A2000A's for 1.25 inch axles, or are there different bushings so that a set of skis could be used on either 1.25 inch or 1.5 inch axles?

What is the center of the axle height for 2000A's (center of the axle hole in the pedestal)? I.e., are they legal to use on regular length gear with an 82 inch Borer prop?

Interested in buying a set for my SC, but they're a long ways away and I need to know they'll work before committing.

Jim

I don't think they are legal with stock gear and 82 inch borer. Bushings for the smaller axles.
DENNY

Nothing on the Federal drawings about 1 1/2" axles. Most fab a bushing out of a rubber hose or machine a UHMW rod to fit. Anything on the 1 1/2" axle paperwork about this? The hole is 2" (+-) and is 8 1/2" (+-) to the center high. Does the Borer STC address the use of skis? I have heard of folks using an 82" prop and having adequate, reasonable clearance on A2000A's. Jim

I run a set of 2000's with 1.5 inch axles.

brake_caliper_retention.jpg

December_4_2010-6.jpg

don't have the drawing in front of me, but federal had a rubber and steel insert for 1 1/2 inch axles. they then had a a bushing to insert in that for the 1 1/4 axles.

You don't want to use that 11A109 sleeve, it will bell out the inner side hole on the pedestal. Use a straight sleeve of steel inside the rubber bushing. Use one large area washer on each end. Your axle spacer that keeps your wheel bearings centered needs to be removed and one about 1/2 the length installed.

Back