• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

rebuilt 12 rolling out

deetz

Anchorage Ak and weekends in Kenai
thumbnail_IMG_0152.jpgPA-12 rebuild.JPG

Almost there
Bottle neck was getting the avionics finished up, a hickup on the static line. AB31's going on next week, weight and balance, and a test flight. Maybe fon floats before the ice comes in.

will post a panel picture when complete.

Attachments

• PA-12 rebuild.JPG
    PA-12 rebuild.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 407
  • thumbnail_IMG_0152.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0152.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Looks good! I cant hardly believe there were any bottle necks or hiccups in an airplane build... :new_rofl:

Panel Pic uploaded
with the FAA relaxing the attitude indicator requirements I was able to get a G5 approved. Also went with a JPI 900 engine monitor, and no longer need any "steam gauges" other than the altimeter and airspeed. Should save a bit of weight as well as panel space. Put in the WigWag lights with LED's all the way around, except for the taxi lights that I never use. Becker Com, and Garmin Xponder as well.
Still need to get the labels made up now that all breakers and switches are finalized and not moving.
Surprisingly the whiskey compass even seems to point in the right direction in the hangar. will have to get it outside to swing it around and see if it will work.

So did you go with the experimental G5? I know its not a required instrument, so why would it matter,.

yes on the G5 non certified.
If you get the certified version they have to turn off the HSI information, and are not supposed totell the owner how to reprogram it.
Also a grand cheaper.

yeah, right, one hiccup after another, especially with a 12. :evil:

Still have to replace the airspeed indicator, and should be flying next week.

New guy question - after this kind of rebuild do the log books then show zero time?

New guy question - after this kind of rebuild do the log books then show zero time?

I think the original airframe time is still carried forward, even if the only original parts are the data plate and a rivet hole.

No, total time on airframe is still the same. The engine can have 0 total time since major overhaul or 0 total time if new. When it comes to 60 year old aircraft the Total time/log books may or may not mean much at all. A aircraft rebuilt with new fuselage, wings, and motor is basically a new plane. A 50 year old log entry about engine compression means nothing. However having paperwork approving extended flaps is worth a lot!!
DENNY

So did you go with the experimental G5? I know its not a required instrument, so why would it matter,.

Apparently the certified version has the HSI display disabled. Why? I do not know.

Back