Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Wipline 2100A pump mount in a PA 18

Post Thanks / Like

Wipline 2100A pump mount in a PA 18

Does any have pictures of a the hydraulic pump mounted in the back of a supercub?

Also, the hand pump location...i have heard of a couple of different ways/locations bit again I welcome your pics and thoughts.

I may need to do some modification prior to install but before I do I thought I would ask the group what they did?

Thanks!
    Cubnut

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Airglas has an installation scheme for use with their LH3000 hydraulic skis. that would work.

Post Thanks / Like
    My hand ski pump is mounted on right side just in front of the door, below the map pocket. Fluid reservoir is on engine side of firewall. It is not floor mounted, used two bolt sleeves welded to the tubing on that side to mount it. The pump handle has a 90 degree bend and is free floating so it can rest next to the door frame until I need it. I leave the pump in but pull the handle in the summer. I don't have any pics right now heading out for the week, can post some latter if needed. It is completely out of the way. My buddy has one he mounts on the right side floor behind the rear rudder pedal. It works nice but passenger can't really use that side pedal or brake. I prefer my passengers have full access to controls. Airglass electric ski pump will mount under the seat but is said to take one min to cycle ski from up to down.
    DENNY
    Last edited by DENNY; 09-09-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you DENNY and Dave...I appreciate your responses!

I am beginning to get ready to install the hydraulics and electrics for 2100A's and I am always looking for input, suggestions, ideas etc. Thanks again.

Cubnut

Post Thanks / Like
    Do a preliminary weight and balance. This is easy on a computer with a spread sheet program. Move the components around to get the CG where you want it. Use the heavy parts in lieu of ballast. Amphib floats tend to pull the CG forward SO, the pump will want to be located aft. If you have an O-360 up front this will be very important.
    N1PA
    Likes pzinck liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DENNY View Post
    My hand ski pump is mounted on right side just in front of the door, below the map pocket. Fluid reservoir is on engine side of firewall. It is not floor mounted, used two bolt sleeves welded to the tubing on that side to mount it. The pump handle has a 90 degree bend and is free floating so it can rest next to the door frame until I need it. I leave the pump in but pull the handle in the summer. I don't have any pics right now heading out for the week, can post some latter if needed. It is completely out of the way. My buddy has one he mounts on the right side floor behind the rear rudder pedal. It works nice but passenger can't really use that side pedal or brake. I prefer my passengers have full access to controls. Airglass electric ski pump will mount under the seat but is said to take one min to cycle ski from up to down.
    DENNY
    My hand ski pump is located in the same place as Denny's. Mine is mounted to the floor, however, with the floor board reinforced at that spot with a doubler. The arrangement permits full control use by the passenger.

Randy

Post Thanks / Like
    I found this Wipline pump install for 2100A's on one of the local Cubs. (been awhile since I took this!)

Likes RaisedByWolves liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Found a few more pics of this install:

Post Thanks / Like
    On a Top Cub, the hydraulic pump was mounted above the extended baggage, essentially where the original battery was located. That really helps with cg, as Pete noted. That pump and associated plumbing is around 18 pounds. Ours was installed with quick disconnects so when the plane went to wheels, we could take out the pump at least.

MTV
    Likes RaisedByWolves liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Cubus Maximus, excellent pictures..they are very handy at this moment..thank you very much!

mvivion, WindOnHisNose, skywagon8a, thank you all very much for your responses...excellent information to work with, you guys have all been very helpful in my quest to work through this project!

Cubnut