• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New Wing Strut needed

5YFlyer

I'm looking for a new forward wing strut for PA18 for right wing, dented from run-in with a bush. If anyone knows of a good source for one, please let me know--as well as what info/measurements/specs I need to provide in order to confirm I"m replacing it with the right fit, etc. I can provide photos, as it's not clear the one being replaced is original (probably not).

Thanks!

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 723
I'm looking for a new forward wing strut for PA18 for right wing, dented from run-in with a bush. If anyone knows of a good source for one, please let me know--as well as what info/measurements/specs I need to provide in order to confirm I"m replacing it with the right fit, etc. I can provide photos, as it's not clear the one being replaced is original (probably not).

Thanks!

Save that one for ski season and it will be straight by the time the snow melts ;-)

Welcome to the SC crew

Glenn

Last edited:
I have an airworthy unsealed set that came off my SC. By the time you pay for shipping you would be better off buying new from Univair. They get a much better price than I can seem to find.

I have an airworthy unsealed set that came off my SC. By the time you pay for shipping you would be better off buying new from Univair. They get a much better price than I can seem to find.
When I purchased struts from Univair, air freight was the best price. I picked them up myself at the PDX freight terminal (no forwarder). Surprising, but it's worth checking into.

Does anyone know if there are less expensive options for getting struts shipped from Alaska to the lower 48? I am looking at buying a set of Airframes struts. If I can save on shipping (and still have them arrive undamaged), that would be good.

Does anyone know if there are less expensive options for getting struts shipped from Alaska to the lower 48? I am looking at buying a set of Airframes struts. If I can save on shipping (and still have them arrive undamaged), that would be good.

I doubt it. They are getting a good backhaul rate.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Back