• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Delco starter MZ4204 older P/N 1109657?

Cubswede

Sweden
Hi folks. I am having a electrosystems overhauled starter P/N 1109657 laying around with a tag that also states P/N MZ 4204. On the starter there is the 1109657. I am trying to find a document that indicates the mz4204 is the replacement P/N for 1109657, does anyone have any info about this?

I'll be at the hanger shortly and see what I can find there. I have some old starter repair manuals that might have something.

I'm not finding anything except that it goes on O-235 and some 320s. The only differences is 12 or 24 volts and 10/12 pitch vs 12/14.

I dunno about the 1109657 part number, but I have a Delco MZ4204 starter which was removed from my old C150/150TD.
Engine was a 320-E2A, originally installed on a Cherokee.

??? MZxxxx is a Prestolite number... unless maybe rebuilt by Kelley Aero? Delco always used 110xxxx. there is a service letter from Lycoming that came out this spring about.... don't remember the number. before that you used the Lycoming engine parts book.... go figger. but ya, long ago I contacted Piper about why they did not list starters and generators for their older planes & thats what I was told, use Lycoming parts books. even the voltage regulator for something like a Pacer.... not in the Piper parts, go to Lycoming

OK, guess you're right, it probably is a Prestolite.
Just said Delco off the top of my head (that's always kinda iffy....)

The Van Dusen cross-reference list I have from way back lists the MZ4204R (the R is for rebuilt) as a direct replacement for the 1109657 starter. This cross-reference is not gospel, but I've always found their data to be reliable.

Last edited:
Back