• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Oil line corrosion: suggestions

I used Aeroquip stainless braid flex lines, and among several IA's, none have contested that. But that's in the U.S., of course.....

You're welcome! And for what it's worth, I used the same style hoses for fuel lines. The fittings are easy to install to the hose with wrenches and a vise, though one needs to be careful that the fittings remain fully inserted into the hose as they are fastened.

David

R F Saywell will make up the whole thing with fittings and paperwork (Form 1)- Quick service too.

http://www.saywell.co.uk/products/hose-shop/

I had them make a fuel hose for the Fairchild. All they need will be the specs of the hose and fittings.
If you are interested get them shipped here and I can send them to you - saves all the international bureaucratic commercial shipping paper work and costs.

Frank

I install Stratoflex lines via logbook entry, common hardware and practices. I have the hard lines and new seals if need but would go flex lines like Piper did on the later airplanes and get on with life.

Thanks, Gordon, Frank and Steve. Much appreciated.

If I have to replace I will probably go with a rigid line from Steve.

How badly rusted are they, pitted? Perhaps you can clean them up and paint them? If they aren't pitted a good clean up likely would be satisfactory.

Back