Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 1st Annual CubCrafters Northeast Fall Colors Fly Out

Post Thanks / Like

1st Annual CubCrafters Northeast Fall Colors Fly Out

CubCrafters NE/GL presents our 1st Annual Northeast Fall Colors Fly Out.

Come join us for our 1st ever fly out event taking in our breathtaking scenery

October 13-15, 2017

Space limited to 15 aircraft

Specific details below and more to follow.

CubCrafters Northeast Fall Colors Fly out
    Dates: October 13th- 15thth

Base Operations Warren Sugarbush Airport

Summary:

First annual CubCrafters Great Green Mountain Fly Out. Arrive by dark Friday 10/13 Warren/Sugarbush Airport, VT (0B7) for pizza, camp fire and drinks. Saturday 10/14 8am-9am breakfast at Sugarbush airfield. Then take a full belly and wad it into your Cub and proceed in search of remote areas to fly in, over, around and through while north bound taking in some great fall scenery and having a blast with friends and making new ones. We will progress north over Mt Mansfield or through the gap and land at Northern Lights field. Along the way find a place to stop for lunch (TBD) maybe Morrisville/Stowe Village Airport or Lake Placid, NY. We then proceed down through the Adirondacks East of Lake Placid, NY down into the Keene Valley and stop at Marcy Field for a break if need be. Loaded up we then move back to the east and across the lake to Basin Harbor and time permitting stop for the Champlain Museum Tour. Then back direct to Sugarbush for nice dinner and relaxation.

Happy hour will begin at 6pm followed by a lovely 3 course dining experience with the Sugarbush Resort then let your hair down and enjoy drinks, bomb fire, hanger trash talk from the days flying and smores.

Sunday 10/15 group/solo departures. Meet for breakfast at Sugarbush and then fly to Basin Harbor Resort Airport on Lake Champlain and tour the Champlain Museum or alternatively take the opportunity to do what you want to do in the area either with a group or on your own. It is all up to you. Either way it will be a great 2 days with your airplane, spouse or friend of your choice and new found flying friends.

Points of Interest:

Mad River Distillers Tour ($15pp)close to the resort, hike and swimming hole close to Sugarbush, Stowe Soaring,Camels Hump Hike, Champlain Museum, Fishing, Biking, Shelburne Airport, Stowe,
    Resort:
    2 BR @Snow Creek Condo $122.48 per night + tax (2 night min)
    Call Tracy Townsend for reservations 802-583-6532
    Please RSVP to me here or contact my cell 518-410-9404 with number in your party, dinner tickets needed and any special information. Transportation to and from the Sugarbush Airport is provided in groups. Other special activities are available in and around the resort.
    This is limited to 15 airplanes for this hop. Please join us for a great fall fly out event.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gray Ghost.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	127.2 KB 
ID:	32472   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCFloats.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	32471  
    Last edited by AdirondackCub; 08-15-2017 at 04:28 PM.
    Mark Keneston
    Cub Crafters
    Northeast Reagion Sales
    Ballston Spa, NY

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds awesome! Weekend right after the WAD though - I probably can't take another weekend off, but we'll see.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

Post Thanks / Like
    I know but I cant compete with that. Further I have to be at AOPA Groton, CT show the weekend of the WAD. If all goes well and I can sneak out of that Saturday early enough, then I will come to Wentworth for Sat night. MK
    Mark Keneston
    Cub Crafters
    Northeast Reagion Sales
    Ballston Spa, NY

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AdirondackCub View Post
    I know but I cant compete with that. Further I have to be at AOPA Groton, CT show the weekend of the WAD. If all goes well and I can sneak out of that Saturday early enough, then I will come to Wentworth for Sat night. MK
    It would be great to see you at the WAD. I have your fly in on my list
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a well preserved body but rather to slide in sideways, well used up proclaiming "WOW What a Ride"

Post Thanks / Like
    Just 5 days left to make reservations for this event. Should be a good one. PM me for more info.

The number to call is 802-583-6160 and the website is http://www.sugarbush.com/plan/lodging/
    At the bottom right hand corner of the webpage there is a box to enter the package code which is CubCrafters.
    Please let me know if anyone has any issues.
    Thanks!
    Tracy

Tracy Townshend
    Business Development Representative / Group Sales
    Sugarbush Resort
    1840 Sugarbush Access Road / Warren, Vermont 05674
    (t) 802.583.6175 (f) 802.583.6532
    ttownshend@sugarbush.com / www.sugarbush.com
    Mark Keneston
    Cub Crafters
    Northeast Reagion Sales
    Ballston Spa, NY

Post Thanks / Like
    John I expect to arrive your place Saturday evening after the AOPA Groton ends around 3 pm. Ill keep you updated. Thanks MK
    Mark Keneston
    Cub Crafters
    Northeast Reagion Sales
    Ballston Spa, NY

Post Thanks / Like
    Just 2 Days left to register. What will you do if you don't fly with us? Watch football or golf? Let's go!
    Mark Keneston
    Cub Crafters
    Northeast Reagion Sales
    Ballston Spa, NY

Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw this thread Mark, sounds good but only Sunday for me
    Thanks Bill.Brine thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE: Hi folks, I had to cancel the room block as there were no reservations made. Its understandable since we don't know the weather yet. Please let me know if you have interest in this event still we can do it, or would you prefer a 1day fly in and some friendly competition or just a day of flying. Sound off! and I will put I together. Thank you Mark
    Mark Keneston
    Cub Crafters
    Northeast Reagion Sales
    Ballston Spa, NY