Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: WAD 2017 5 -9 October

Post Thanks / Like
    RandyBob
    You are sounding more and more like an early, light C-180 candidate!

Lou
    Likes SJ liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FdxLou View Post
    RandyBob
    You are sounding more and more like an early, light C-180 candidate!

Lou
    Some people have not lost their faculties yet and fly a SC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveE View Post
    Some people have not lost their faculties yet and fly a SC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Does that mean your coming out? Or are you still waiting to buy that 182 to travel with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes WindOnHisNose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Randy, If you don't mind being the guy with the little wheels I can see if Larry will bring my 29"s over to the Wad with his camper and you can use them. Douten

Post Thanks / Like
    I was asked to be best man in a wedding on Saturday of the wad. My friend keith who helped with our flyins is getting married. Will try to get over on Friday for a while.
    Remember , the light at the end of the tunnel may be you .O wind of heaven by thy might save all who dare the eagles flight, and keep them by thy watchful care from every peril in the air.
    Likes Heliopilot295 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Douten View Post
    Randy, If you don't mind being the guy with the little wheels I can see if Larry will bring my 29"s over to the Wad with his camper and you can use them. Douten
    I can do that.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    Randy, even the RV crew is putting on bigger tires for the WAD. Your going to look like the new pimple faced kid in class with your little guys

Glenn
    "Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"
    Likes WindOnHisNose, yellowbird69, Jim Hann liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember when 8:50's WERE the big tires............
    Thanks WindOnHisNose, Jim Hann thanked for this post

Exeter N.H.---Spruce Creek Fly-in(7FL6) Daytona Beach FLorida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RV-4 fat tires.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	32623you`re right Randy----this is a tough bunch-----Capt RV-8 LOL

"You cannot teach experience, you must acquire it."
    Captain Cub
    Likes Jim Hann, WindOnHisNose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks pretty cool!

Post Thanks / Like
    If they fly-in is half as enjoyable as reading this thread, I'll need to add this to my calendar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
    Likes SJ, 40m, OnTop liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by N9PW View Post
    If they fly-in is half as enjoyable as reading this thread, I'll need to add this to my calendar.

What might not be enjoyable is watching Beech 400A N9PW come into the WAD via the wood mill approach.

But on the other hand we'd love to have you in the CC!!

Transmitted from my FlightPhone
    Likes aktango58, N9PW liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    What might not be enjoyable is watching Beech 400A N9PW come into the WAD via the wood mill approach.

But on the other hand we'd love to have you in the CC!!

Transmitted from my FlightPhone
    Choices, choices...

Using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by N9PW View Post
    Choices, choices...

No worries whatever crashes on the runway is cleared immediately and then scavenged and distributed equally. N9PW could provide many useable parts. Or bring the CC and have a great time.
    John
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a well preserved body but rather to slide in sideways, well used up proclaiming "WOW What a Ride"
    Likes N/A, N9PW, 40m, Bill Rusk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Say, can I borrow a tailwheel? Ford left mine on the grass at Plymouth.....

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using SuperCub.Org mobile app
    JP Russell--The Cub Therapist
    1947 PA-11 Cub Special
    www.bft-int.com/aviation.html
    Likes OnTop liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Say, can I borrow a tailwheel? Ford left mine on the grass at Plymouth.....

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using SuperCub.Org mobile app
    That reminds me I need to order a tube for a 3200
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a well preserved body but rather to slide in sideways, well used up proclaiming "WOW What a Ride"
    Likes pzinck liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    JP, Just put a ski on it's almost that time anyway and the 11 won't know.
    Likes RaisedByWolves liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    3 helio couriers are coming in to my field the week of the wad to do a foliage tour. I am going to try and get them to visit the wad during the flyin. Just what I want to do is go to a wedding during the wad,lol. To top things off susies sister is getting married in mass during Greenville, what a terrible year for fall flyins for me.
    Last edited by pzinck; 09-04-2017 at 03:04 PM.
    Remember , the light at the end of the tunnel may be you .O wind of heaven by thy might save all who dare the eagles flight, and keep them by thy watchful care from every peril in the air.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pzinck View Post
    3 helio couriers are coming in to my field the week of the wad to do a foliage tour. I am going to try and get them to visit the wad during the flyin. Just what I want to do is go to a wedding during the wad,lol. To top things off susies sister is getting married in mass during Greenville, what a terrible year for fall flyins for me.
    You could call in sick to the weddings

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    You could call in sick to the weddings

I'm best man in keiths. Didn't even think of date when he asked a year ago,lol/

Post Thanks / Like
    Trees are starting to turn

Post Thanks / Like
    "Trees are starting to turn"

Not thank for this post
    Likes Gordon Misch, RaisedByWolves, pzinck liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pzinck View Post
    I'm best man in keiths. Didn't even think of date when he asked a year ago,lol/
    Just do the thing on the WAD instead, plenty of witnesses. Doubt anyone would notice the upper scale in clothing even.

I did get some left over shrimp from a co-worker last night to do a taste test. All I could think about was how Tom was missing out on a shrimp and moose dinner.

Was really good, wonder how substituting roasted goat would be?

And JP, I think he left it with Bill's.
    I don't know where you've been me lad, but I see you won first Prize!

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the tentative basic schedule; Island Bob day, Bailey's day, the Notch, etc?

George

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All -

We're gonna try something new this year - a survey. This is for John and Jen to get an idea of headcount, bed counts, surf n turf dinner orders, and sweatshirt orders (without monitoring pm's, sc.org, email, texts, and carrier pigeon for the latest totals).

Bear with us as this is a new process and we'll see how it goes but we're hoping it'll be easier than sending Jen and John to the nuthouse 🤣

Please follow this link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VTFMPBK

-If you have seen this on the WAD FB site, it is the same survey and you only have to do it once but I know some people don't use FB *ahem, Glenn*.
    -Also, please do this survey asap - the sooner we get this gaggle organized the better (we need to order shirts!).
    -And finally, if you have replied to Jen and John by smoke signal, ESP, or some other format please amuse me and do the survey anyway.

~Heather
    Self-appointed assistant chicken hearder

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org
    Likes RaisedByWolves, JP, pzinck liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Chicken "hearder".... that's like a chicken whisperer? No relation to goat herding I expect.

Thanks OnTop thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Heather I have taken the survey. Also if coolers are needed I have (2) 100qt. coolers available and a couple of folding tables. I will be driving up Thursday afternoon or Friday morning. Chip D.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chip - yes please on the coolers!! Jen is checking her stock on tables. Hold tight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did the survey and signed up. Margie is coming with me this year. Also talked to Randy Murphree and his wife Sheila from Texas. They're finalizing their plans to come to Ohio in the cub and they plan on Going to the WAD also. For those of you have never met Murph you're in for a real treat and his wife Sheila is real Texas sweetheart. Rick
    Likes Farmboy, JP, pzinck liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    OK FOLKS
    Think Survey as I need to get the order in for Sweat shirts a week from Friday. Rene is remote this year terrorizing the unfriendly skies in something bigger than a PA12. So I will get to the flyouts. My understanding is we do the New Hampshire Notches and over into Maine. I need to make comment that Thursday the 5th is when folks will arrive and we normally stay local and around the field within 25 miles. I am working on that Thursday night where we normally go out for supper. Any requests for a local place that you have enjoyed? It has occurred to me if the weather is good to have it at an airfield with a restaurant. It would need to be early though.
    Spoke with Bob Breeden last evening as he is over in Maine awaiting his cub to be completed. I think a trip to Maine on Friday may be in order and all of our Maine folks can join the caravan of flight. Obviously that is all dependent on the weather as Friday may favor Vermont and Northern New Hampshire.
    I told Bob to contact Scouter Jim and pay him a visit as well as hook up with our own Capt. John Yellowbird during the week to see the area ahead of the WAD. That said I am working on it.
    Thanks
    John
    Thanks 40m thanked for this post
    Likes pzinck, FdxLou, yellowbird69, MarkS liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Common Man in Plymouth has always been good, not many airports close by with dinner restaurants on the field. I might be able to arrange for a car at KLEB to go down the hill into town, lots of options there but that rules out a beverage. Looking forward to this as always, thanks for the hard work to the crew for putting it together.

Post Thanks / Like
    John, I will be up Thursday afternoon with the truck (4 door) (alias a taxi if needed) for getting around. I will also have the big coolers that Heather had asked for. If we need to ferry people around I am more than happy to do it. Also I will throw this out as I would like to hop rides with pilots again this year. Have a headset and fuel card. See you all at the WAD. Chip

Post Thanks / Like
    John and Jenn:

I'll be there and hopefully be damned to the snoring suite.
    I can also take care of the Suburban keys.
    Marty

Post Thanks / Like
    Just me, my toothbrush, some clean socks and a few sets of clean unders to change after I scare the stinky out of myself flying around your area. Lyn has to work so I am solo. (Ok, I shall bring ear plugs).

Now, about my luggage... and filling it with a few pounds of dinner!
    I don't know where you've been me lad, but I see you won first Prize!
    Likes FdxLou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Im up for cooking an early dinner in the hangar tomorrow if anyone comes this way. could also be talked into a flight down to Dans. wx has been spectacular all week.
    Im tied up until 1 or so but will have the cell 207-659-4983

Andrew, JP and I had an excellent adventure tonight.

jim
    Likes MarkS liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim, Do you mean October 5th. Chip

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip D View Post
    Jim, Do you mean October 5th. Chip
    Sounds like today

Glenn
    "Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi John. I expect to arrive late afternoon from AOPA Groton. I'll sleep where I laydown. Thanks and looking forward to it. Mark
    Mark Keneston
    Cub Crafters
    Northeast Reagion Sales
    Ballston Spa, NY

Post Thanks / Like
    TICK TOCK....it is getting closer.

It is time to speak of the Flyouts......Now we have always been you can go wherever you want but please be at a spot for lunch. What I mean by that is we commit to folks that so many airplanes will land here for Lunch. Here is my first thoughts with suggestions from Friends

AS WEATHER PERMITS!!!!!!! WHY BECAUSE IT COULD STINK ON THE MAINE COAST ON FRIDAY BUT BE GREAT IN VERMONT SO WE FLIP FLOP FLIGHT PLANS

Friday- Maine...we start out with Breakfast at the Wad then head up to fly one of New Hampshire's Notches on the side of Mt. Washington. We head over to Windscok Village Next to coincide with anyone that needs fuel has no less than 5 choices. I believe in split groups so you may see various flyouts from here head towards Biddeford to arrive at Spurwink for Lunch. I will stop at Baileys and pick up the Lobster Rolls. Lucy of Sprague Fame has graciously offered cookies and Lemonade and Ice Tea to go with our meal. Here is where he group separates. The ultimate group will head over to the Richardson lakes and Aziscohos for Mike Dick Beach for some challenging landings. Another group can head over to the transportation museum at Owls Head and the ;last group can go out to Richardson Island. Now these are all pie in the sky ideas and I need to set them up with the owners of the land.

Saturday- Northern New Hampshire into Vermont then down through Mountain Bobs for a late brunch then over to Tuffys strip for a cookout for Lunch. If Tuffy is to challenging we have the restaurant at Keene for those that need something less challenging than a dogleg and 1200 feet. Peter Brown also has an airstrip (Farm Field called Stuarts) that may be better as a less challenging.

Thursday we will do local flyouts around the WAD and probably go to Hampton for Lunch as well as Cooper and Capt Johns go over to Vermont to see Brian Boland. We should end the day at Parlin or Moultonborough so we are fully fueled.

This is a dynamic schedule so please you will get briefing packs when you arrive. They will also be sent electronically so those coming in late can have an idea where to catch up. I will look to Capt John, Tom Ford and possibly Peter Brown to lead flyout groups each day.

John
    Thanks OnTop thanked for this post
    Likes yellowbird69, FdxLou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for this post, it gives us some planning info.

Is Island Bob's (NY) not on this years tour?

George