• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

337 for a gun boot

astjp2

Utah/Alaska
Does anyone have a copy of a 337 to install a Koplin gun boot on the lift struts? I am thinking of adding one to my airplane. Thanks, Tim

Airframes makes a nice set of brackets for the gun boot also. You will never have to worry if the bungee will brake of slip off.
DENNY

Does anyone have a copy of a 337 to install a Koplin gun boot on the lift struts? I am thinking of adding one to my airplane. Thanks, Tim

Attachment of a gun/scabbard is not considered installed equipment therefore no documentation is required. This also holds for snowshoes, cross country skis, or backpack frame. Game tracking antenna is a minor alteration and requires a logbook entry.

Anything else requires the external load permit. Just obtained my permit from the Fairbanks FSDO. Very easy and straightforward process.

Jeff

I may need a reference if challenged by the FAA in the lower 48, do you happen to know what it is? Thanks, Tim

Attachment of a gun/scabbard is not considered installed equipment therefore no documentation is required. This also holds for snowshoes, cross country skis, or backpack frame. Game tracking antenna is a minor alteration and requires a logbook entry.

Anything else requires the external load permit. Just obtained my permit from the Fairbanks FSDO. Very easy and straightforward process.

Jeff

Yeah, that AC was cancelled in 2015.... trying to push the issue with FSDO if they complain...

Yes, but it's still current in that it's still being used by FSDO to file the paperwork and approve external loads for Alaska flown aircraft. I was at a FAA Safety seminar last night and the FAA/FSDO is working on a new external load permit process but they said they are issuing permits under the current, perhaps lapsed, policy. I received mine about a week ago.

jeff

Pay attention to the part where they state, in writing, that an external rifle scabbard does not fit the definition of a major alteration under FAR 1.1. Until they issue a statement to supercede that it's useful.

Back