• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Comanche + cub

Had a bare, simple 250 Comache for 13 years. Loved it. 1960 model. 180 not much slower.

I love the Comanche. When I was a teenager my neighbor took me for a ride in his brand new 1958 180 Comanche. First class! I've flown all of the models including the gas guzzler 400. That one will giddy-up and go.

The earliest 110 or so serial numbers 180s had a lighter airframe which gave a bit better performance with the low horsepower.

Had a '58 Comanche 250, serial# 368, and a '46 pa12 150, at the same time in the late 80s. Should have kept them both! The Comanche had tip tanks and was full IFR and fast for a 250 with no mods. Corpus Christi to Ponca City, Ok., in a shade under 3 hrs. Built the 12 from a basket case and was probably my favorite plane I have owned. Jon

Had a 62 250 with fuel injection. It was one of two Piper used to field test the fuel injection. Great airplane. My wife loved it. Real traveling machine. I sold it when I went Sport Pilot. Now that I have a medical again, I could be temped by another one.

90 gallons and 12.5 gallons/hour. Better range than the pilot!

Rich

No experience in them, but I hear good things. For me, optimum if I traveled a lot would be a 201 Mooney and a J-3. As it is, I have a Super Decathlon, 1 1/2 J-3s, and access to a 201. Good enough for me.

Owned a 65 260 fuel injected for years. It was a great powerful airplane. Extremely stable.

Twin Comanche and pa-18 here. Two of pipers best. The twin Comanche really is one of the best light twins out there. I've got nearly 1400hrs in mine.

Back