• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Floats to Alaska - 2017

God bless you Bill. Thank so so much for taking the time and for sharing both your photography and video skills that so many of us might share in your wonderful experiences.

What a great conclusion to a terrific summer of flying in AK. Thanks for all the video and photos and the opportunity to share the experiences through your posts, Bill. Greatly appreciated.

Randy

I had some business in Spokane yesterday and met Bill and Mike at the Felts Field Cafe for breakfast. Then we went over to the hangar and talked flying for a couple of hours, looked at the Magic Carpet, outboard motors and other fun stuff. What a great summer.

IMG_4183.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4183.jpg
    IMG_4183.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 301
I had some business in Spokane yesterday and met Bill and Mike at the Felts Field Cafe for breakfast. Then we went over to the hangar and talked flying for a couple of hours, looked at the Magic Carpet, outboard motors and other fun stuff. What a great summer.

View attachment 32848
Two awesome fellows. Doesn't get better than this...

Randy

Hello friends.

Can you tell me what is the biggest height for a PA-18 with floats?

Regards

A C Muller

AC

Here are some numbers from the Wipline website

Husky on 2100A Floats11’3"
Piper PA18 or PA12 on 2100A Floats10’2"
Champion Scout on 2100A Floats11′
Glastar on 2100A Floats10’6"

These are all amphib floats. Straight would depend on the height of the trailer or dolly system

Hope this helps

Bill

Not sure if you meant the runways in Watson Lake are dirt...they are paved.

What a ride!

Glad it all worked our. Sometimes you have to just stay put up here, others you have to choose your spot to weather the storm well- you seemed to have figured that out with great success.

Thank you for including me/us in the adventures, reminds me why I fly, and why I keep watching this site.

Back