• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Lessons Learned at the Talkeetna Fly In - A Bit Too Slow

Julios,
as mentioned before, you can't just be on Instagram. It's a private account. You have to request to follow him and have him accept you in order for that post to be visible to you.
Therefore the link only works with people that are already friends with him.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

All I did was log in and stumble on some pics no request to follow. Actually I was goggling info on SQ 12 that's how I stumbled on it.

Thank you for pointing out that in a decent you are at a higher RELATIVE angle of attack, even if the wings are still at the same physical angle of attack.

George Tango, I wasnt speaking to you, but to Mike V, George M and Eddie F. Both George M and Eddie F
"like"ed the post from Mike V to which I had responded. All three are experienced aviators who may have flown a slatted Cub, but likely do not fly one often, nor own one, as assumed by me through their agreement with MTV's comment.

The slatted planes are not like any other a/c, and when flown in high AOA regime can perform like no other a/c.

I do not own one, but have flown several of the Valdez hotrods, and others, having built one and fabricated parts for several others.

George Tango, in the video, about 100 feet before the stall the aircraft was higher and began a descent (effectively, this was an increase in AOA, due to the descent).......right rudder was minimal, and neither before power application nor after, was additional right rudder commanded.

The airplane is flying on reaction lift (bottom of the wing, no Bernoulli) and hanging on prop and thrust at that point, but the descent (angle of attack increase) amd no additional thrust commanded caused the available lift to be exceeded by the weight of the a/c. That is my assessment.

I have no moral staement. We need to pilot effectively by knowing and providing inputs necessary to whatevrr a/c we are flying.

Wish we could hear from Tom on this.

This site will not let me copy and paste to many urls whatever that is. I can email it to somebody with better pc skills to post on here.

This site will not let me copy and paste to many urls whatever that is. I can email it to somebody with better pc skills to post on here.

Julios , I found that out also , If your not a paying member to this forum , It is their right to denie you certain access that almost ALL other forums allow. I'm sure that the practice must encourage a lot of potential people who may have been lurking for awhile to Become a member (I.E. send some money).
Some I'm sure will because of the value that this community offers . Wonder though how much the community may be missing by the forum having this trival little restriction.

Last edited:
Julios , I found that out also , If your not a paying member to this forum , It is their right to denie you certain access that almost ALL other forums allow. I'm sure that the practice must encourage a lot of potential people who may have been lurking for awhile to Become a member (I.E. send some money).
Some I'm sure will because of the value that this community offers . Wonder though how much the community may be missing by the forum having this trival little restriction.

That cuts both ways, however. There are a lot of folks out there who spend a great deal of time posting utter crap on forums. One result of the “policies” and moderation on this forum, the discourse tends to remain pretty civil and informative. And most of us consider that a good thing.

MTV

We used to have lots of folks create a user name, then post links to their plane for sale on trade a plane, or tons of spam links. If somebody is really interested in being a full part of the community, $25 annually is generally not a high hurdle for most aviators (but contact me if this is the case, I have made exceptions before).

sj

I don't even own a Cub (not now anyways- in the future, who knows?)
but I gladly pony up $25 every year for a membership here.
That's equivalent to less than one hour's worth of mogas for my C180.
I get at least that much enjoyment out of the forums.

$25 annually is generally not a high hurdle for most aviators (but contact me if this is the case, I have made exceptions before).

sj

All those times you offered to send my money back is that what you were trying to do? ;-):lol:

Glenn

Steve you have a great site here. Keep doing a great job even if at times it seems to be a glorified babysitter when a diaper needs ... I will leave it there. I very much appreciate the experienced members here who patiently share their knowledge and experiences with me. Thanks!!!

We used to have lots of folks create a user name, then post links to their plane for sale on trade a plane, or tons of spam links. If somebody is really interested in being a full part of the community, $25 annually is generally not a high hurdle for most aviators (but contact me if this is the case, I have made exceptions before).

sj

Well Shoot Steve, before I get an education from all the membership on the forums value. And since your policy is obviously not bout the money and just try'n to control spam.....and since you seem a lot like me (it's the principle ,not the money) I agree to your point for this trivial restriction allowed by most other forums......SO.....pm me and I'll give you my snail mail address so you can send me the $25.00 . :oops::lol:

Last edited:
Back