• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA18/95 command cables trimming

giangab

Hello my PA18/95 restoration is progressing well. I wish to know the correct cables tension for ailerons and the meutral aileron position on the ground. I inderstand the proctoce has lead to different settings against the original Piper's indications.
Thanks for asdisting.
Gian

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

I set the ailerons in line with the trailing edge and the tensions by feel which usually comes out between 10 and 15 lbs. Some say they should be 35 lbs. Never seen that printed but the ailerons are very hard to move at that tension. Dakota Cub bearing aileron pulleys are a nice addition.

My mentor told me, snug 'em up until the controls get stiff. Then loosen 'em just a little so they are free. jrh

Thanks to all for your kind assistance.
For the ailron cables it is clear. In flight the cables will show light "curves" between guides on the struts.
Someone one here told me that the ailerons in neutral position on the ground should be about 1/2" below the trailing edge, as with correct "snug" cables will rise in flight to match the trailing edge: any comment on this?
What about stabilizer and rudder cables?
Thanks again for your patience.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando SuperCub.Org

Back