• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

cross feed fuel vent

Jack Smith

I am retrofitting a left hand door in a Pacer the fuel system is right left. According to Stc we drilled valve and know have right left both we need to cross vent tanks as well according to STC. I really don't want pull tanks weld fittings deal with all that. Why Can't I tee into top of fuel sight gauge and connect tanks that way?? I have not took it part and looked at set up But I think that would work?? Thanks for any advice

Pacer does not have sight gauges stock... unless it has Cub fuel tanks installed you are stuck with welding something in for cross feed venting..

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the STC for the left seaplane door and left/right/both fuel selector on a TriPacer (as well as rerouting the right tank fuel line to under the seat) a few years ago. I'd have to go back and look at the STC paperwork, but I sure don't recall installing a cross feed on the vents. If I recall correctly, this STC required forward facing vents on the fuel caps. Perhaps it's a different STC?

-Cub Builder

A buddy of mine has the Trimmer LH door STC on his 22/20, and also his Maule (?) fuel selector/system STC -- approval of which is incorporated into the door STC.
I leafed through his STC paperwork yesterday, no sign of anything having to do with a new cross vent. Like Cub Builder pointed out, there was something about using forward-pointing "ram air" vented caps, but that may have only been if you were also running the 180hp conversion & wanted to eliminate the fuel pump(s)-- can't recall now.

On a related note, is anyone running PA18 tanks & sight gauges in a PA22.
My buddy installed a set, because he wanted to have sight gauges instead of electric fuel gauges, but now it's time to do the paperwork and an earlier field approval or something similar would be good to have in hand.

The Trimmer STC requires the "pressure" caps to comply with the STC... That is for all engines installations... I just did that STC on the current Pacer I am restoring for Andy Anderson... Have a new set of caps ready to install once I get the wings on... And there is NO cross venting of the tanks.

Brian.

A different plane (PA12) with 150 hp. I have Air Energy tanks with Dakota sight gauges, forward and rear outlets for both tanks going to a Dakota Off Left Right Both fuel valve and pressure caps. No cross vent line.

Back