• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

1970's Vintage Super Cub Valuations

CranelakeMN

Crane Lake, Minnesota
Hey Guys --- I figured someone here would know A LOT more than me about this. What is a 1970-1972 Super Cub worth that has Edo 2000s, NDH, 150HP and the following mods: metal headliner, 2000lb gross, Atlee extended baggage, borer and cruise props and gear safety cables.

Fabric is currently falling off the airplane and it has sat outside for around 12 years.
What kind of price do you need to get into something like this for to come out OK at the end of the rebuild? Any thoughts?

$$$ Cheaper and quicker to buy something that's already flying, especially if you have to pay someone else to do it.

Completely Idle. Fabric is literally falling off of it. It is a great airframe... I am familiar with it. Just needs a restoration/rebuild. Owner routinely (every 2-3 months) runs the engine up --- thinks he is doing it a favor! I know the rebuild would be expensive. But trying to figure out what the aircraft is worth in "as-is" condition.

It was flying the last 12 years and stored outside or was it idle all those years?

Are you buying it to rebuild or fly? When was the last time it passed annual? Is that factory first run motor?
DENNY

I passed on one in worse condition, no floats, likely bad paperwork, 25K.

By the way my friend runs the Loon falls portage, CC. I spend at least a week or two a year in the Echo Tr country.

Thanks for your input. I know CC well... his daughter was a couple years behind me in high school and is a friend. She is a conservation officer now. Connie works at Andersons Canoe.... Small world!

Denny aircraft is not in annual... but first run 150hp.

I passed on one in worse condition, no floats, likely bad paperwork, 25K.

By the way my friend runs the Loon falls portage, CC. I spend at least a week or two a year in the Echo Tr country.

Back