• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Bomb - Avionics backup and ADSB!

Very cool! Glenn, I added a little to your subject - I think a lot of folks will be interested in this especially if certified!

sj

That is Da Bomb! Ok for LSA now, I would guess, pending approval letter from CC or Legend, for example.

Very cool! Glenn, I added a little to your subject - I think a lot of folks will be interested in this especially if certified!

sj

No problem, I almost feel neglected if you don't adjust my post ;-)

Glenn

Wow. This is what aircraft owners have been looking for. Simple integrated solutions in nearly self contained mountable units. Looks like a home run for Levil once certified.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

These were featured in the AvWeb newsletter I got in yesterday's email.
That Beacon ADS-B looks like the ticket. About as simple and close to "plug and play" as you can get.
I'll be keeping an eye out for this one to get certified for production aircraft.

If/when this unit gets full FAA approval it can be installed on a certified aircraft as a minor alteration since is attached to an existing inspection cover.

Stratus II and GDS39-3D have provided compact ADHRS/ADS-B Bluetooth solutions for years. This gadget adds a turbine and an AOA sensor. The turbine is a moving part and moving parts break. Decide for yourselves about the AOA. I don't see it as ground breaking. The ADS-B gadget is innovative.

beacon

Stratus II and GDS39-3D have provided compact ADHRS/ADS-B Bluetooth solutions for years. This gadget adds a turbine and an AOA sensor. The turbine is a moving part and moving parts break. Decide for yourselves about the AOA. I don't see it as ground breaking. The ADS-B gadget is innovative.

Keep watching for the second part of the vid re: ADS-B "out."
I think what SJ and others are excited about is the Levil "Beacon" that promises an easy solution to 2020 mandate.
J

Keep watching for the second part of the vid re: ADS-B "out."
I think what SJ and others are excited about is the Levil "Beacon" that promises an easy solution to 2020 mandate.
J

Precisely.

sj

I thought to be certified the ADSB system has to be hard plumbed into the aircraft pitot/static system?

No, i think a lot of them rob the squawk & mode c signal from the existing txp system.
The ads-b systems which are incorporated into a transponder itself of course will not.

Back