• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Texas RUS Update

B

Barnstormer

Today I was at a Texas Aviation Caucus meeting at the Texas State Capital. One of the topics discussed was the Texas RUS initiative. I learned a little bit more regarding the holdup. Unfortunately it won't be brought up this year, so 2019 is the next opportunity. Here is the video I shot with my iPhone.

https://vimeo.com/206144547

Recreational Use Statute. Would allow land owners to allow aircraft to land in their property without worrying about lawsuits when accidents happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took us two legislative sessions to get it passed in Oklahoma, had we been able to avoid a political hijack I think we would have gotten it through in one, but on average two sessions is pretty good, keep pressing and let us know when you need legislators contacted.

It took us two legislative sessions to get it passed in Oklahoma, had we been able to avoid a political hijack I think we would have gotten it through in one, but on average two sessions is pretty good, keep pressing and let us know when you need legislators contacted.
Thanks! I believe I now know what is needed to remove the biggest obstacle and will get to work on that. Crossing fingers for 2019.

Back