Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Do you have your head up your ass?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blood work done PSA absolutely normal. down under consultation scheduled for august 7th procedure on the 10th.

Post Thanks / Like
    Made me a believer after reading The China Study and seeing Forks over knives.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lost DAD on May 6th 2000, only 63 years young. He inspired me to be and do what I do today. He instilled a love of aviation from the time we were born. Cancer is a ugly disease. Please get checked sooner than laterClick image for larger version. 

Name:	dad leni john 1978.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	31060

Post Thanks / Like
    It is 10:24 est on a Monday mornng and I'm stting at home working after a little over two hours at the hostpital first things this morning for what I hoped would be a routine colonoscopy. It was and I received a clean bill of health. A couple of observations. The prep and fasting isn't bad at all. I used a zero calorie sports drink to host the powder mix. I lost three pounds during the fasting period. The staff at our local hospital were fantastic: personable and well-organized. A friend's wife was one of the RNs for the procedure. They administered a general local and a mild line sedative. I felt nothing and enjoyed watching the procedure on the color monitor. Total time in op was less than 20 minutes. Recovery was about 40 minutes. A clean bill of health was pronounced and I'm scheduled for my next one in ten years.

I'm 52 and waited, partly out of fear and partly out of a lack of family history for colon cancer. Plus, what if they find something? Is ignorance really bliss? Chris's experience adjusted my thinking in short order. My advice is to get the procedure done at the earliest opportunity if you are of a certain age or have any signs of issues with your lower system. Reading up on the procedure will alleviate anxiety and as for pain, well, the only very minor pain I experienced was when they ran the line for the iV. That's it.

So, for those of you on the fence--get 'er done. It's a piece of cake. It's actually quite interesting. And it may very well save your life.
    Last edited by JP; 04-24-2017 at 06:25 PM. Reason: punctuation
    JP Russell--The Cub Therapist
    1947 PA-11 Cub Special
    www.bft-int.com/aviation.html
    Thanks SJ, eskflyer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I turned 50 last year and was told the fecal test (poop on paper) was good enough. Should I insist on colonoscopy? According to the chart above the fecal test gets an "A"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Had mine a few weeks ago. Piece of cake. Follow-up appointment tomorrow. I guess they sent a few things to the Path Lab, but Dr. told my wife post procedure that it was nothing to worry about. But I hope I will rest better after tomorrow's appointment. Ran into a "kid" 20+ years my junior at the local watering hole last night. (I was practicing law when he was in grade school) He was diagnosed a few years ago. Hardly recognized him from a few months ago. No doubt he won't be around long. No family history, his parents are my age, mid 60"s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Turmeric everyday!
    "There are 3 kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." Will Rogers
    Likes Doorgunner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs66 View Post
    I turned 50 last year and was told the fecal test (poop on paper) was good enough. Should I insist on colonoscopy? According to the chart above the fecal test gets an "A"?
    Nope. The fecal test is like finding metal in the screen. Bad things have already started.Get a coloscopy.
    Likes 180Marty liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Had my follow up appointment. Path report said all is well. They will call me in three years for next scope.