• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Lord, let me find the will

Scouter

SPONSOR
Exeter Maine
N555WY-01-300x199.jpg

Let me find the will not to call Cubcrafters about this smoking hot girl for sale. When I dream at night now, this is what I see. Anybody here flown this hottie?

What a hoot this must be.

jim

http://cubcrafters.com/c/inventory/n555wy-2009-turbine-cubs-of-wyoming-experimental-pa-18/

Attachments

• N555WY-01-300x199.jpg
    N555WY-01-300x199.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 2,655
I know better than to use these two word in the same sentence, but what would the cruise speed be with this setup ?
jim

Jim, I see a problem. There is no smoke system... 8)

sj

I know better than to use these two word in the same sentence, but what would the cruise speed be with this setup ?
jim

I have a very similar set up on my cub with the exception of engine size, I run a Bart built 0320 with duel p-mags and Vettermen Exhaust I get 90 MPH at 2500 RPM with a Catto 86X37 my empty weight is a little lighter also at 1250 Pounds, I would think you would see a little better speed than that with the bigger engine and 38 pitch, I also run 31" Bush wheels not 35" if that would make a difference I don't know, she is a nice looking Bird, that price makes me feel pretty good about mine! :lol:

Rick

Or, "Thank you Lord for helping me find my checkbook, I'm headed to Yakima."
Fly into Seattle and I'll pick you up and take you to Yakima.
Pretty cool airplane.

Tom
I just made a pass thru the shop to see what is shaking this am. Andy has it all planned out
im sure you two can wrestle over the front seat. I just need to see how much butter and egg money
The young wife has squirreled away

jim

Do you remember the cruise speed? I do use the plane for business in the summer season
and a 75 mph cruise will be pretty slow from farm to farm. Can't have it both ways
jim

This is in the same price range and will keep up with Joe's rocket

2014 CARBON CUB SS - N173TW • $164,900 • PRICE REDUCED Like new Carbon Cub , 105 TTSN ! Classic Yellow , VFR Panel , Garmin GTR 200 Com/IC , Garmin 796 Touchscreen GPS , Bose Headset Jacks , Catto Prop , Extended Fuel , E-LSA Conversion . See specs for more details . • Contact Robbie Vajdos - VAJDOS AVIATION, Broker - located Louise, TX USA • Telephone: 979 541-3321 . 979 648-2163 . 9795413321 • Posted January 30, 2017 • Display Specs PageShow all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Pictures
1x1.gif

I've thrown the iPad in the dumpster and am on my way to get some Ambien so I can quit getting up
at 330 and looking at airplanes. Now the dang thing will show up around here with Rene in the front seat

jim

Most SQs are optimized for slow flight and short takeoffs so use flat props. What do you guys expect from that setup? If you want something different, make it happen.

I guess I'll be the bad guy and play devils advocate. What is wrong with this airplane? Built in 2009 and it has less than 100 hours? WTFO? You have to fly 40 just to get it out of testing. That means in 7 years it has flown 60 hours? Not good for the engine or much of anything else. Why so few hours? Does it fly like a dog? Misaligned gear causing it to be squirrely on the ground? Heavy on the controls? Something is not right here...........might be a good explanation, but I would certainly be asking questions. An engine getting less than 10 hours a year.............. = red flag..........

Bill (the wet blanket guy)

Jim, I see a problem. There is no smoke system... 8)

sj

SJ
Dang Joe has quit buying smoke oil, so someone has to take up the slack. Heck the last time I flew with him he had traded his smoke system for a girl in the back.
jim

Attachments

• grn.jpg
    grn.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Most SQs are optimized for slow flight and short takeoffs so use flat props. What do you guys expect from that setup? If you want something different, make it happen.
Stewartb
Is this similar to the Wildcat cub you are building? I was wondering what you thought about the price point, for all the work that goes into one of these, and the way this one is set up, the asking doesnt seem outrageous for this one.

thx

jim

My plane is the latest version of Backcountry's SQ Cubs. Wayne Mackey is building his SQ-12s and Backcountry has removed the SQ name from their product line. The new kits are known as Revision 2 Supercubs. Mine has the SQ slatted wing and optional 9'+ Keller flaps but the new airframe is different. Bigger.

If that SQ is nicely built? You couldn't build it for that price. Most SQs you see pictures of are $200K plus airplanes. I'd add Keller flaps to it so budget about $10K for that. It is a little heavy but double doors and double shooter windows explain part of that. Comfort features add weight and it looks pretty plush. It is a pretty plane and I bet it flies well. The lack of hours is probably a sign of a multi plane owner or perhaps a lost medical owner. After all, CC is selling it. Maybe it was traded for a Carbon Cub? No idea, that's just what comes to mind.

Last edited:
Jim,
This plane looks like the one which Turbine Cubs was building as a demonstrator at the time when I was building mine. It has most all of the options which were available. The wing has the same long flaps as mine which are superb for low speed lift. I would think that you could swap those 35" tires for a set of 29" without sacrificing utility for a bit more speed. I would also find out if that engine can accommodate a prop governor along with a Whirlwind constant speed prop. That should get the cruise speed above 100 mph. How far apart are your farms? Me, I would take this over a Carbon Cub any day. :up

What's nice is it's still a supercub. The new sq2's are a lot longer and wider than a cub, kind of can't compare them. You would loose 40lbs going to 31's and another 20 going to a Catto prop, maybe a couple more lbs with the spinner. That's down to 1278. Ditch the baby Bushwheel and spring for a T3 and standard Scott probably loose 8 lbs. 1270. Not a light weight cub, but pretty good. You could ditch the heavy back seat and build a narrow light weight one. You would gain a few lbs when you added the smoke tank though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back