• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Lord, let me find the will

I like the scheme....maybe I'll do my 11EX that way except substitute Cub Yellow for the Green, and Grey for the black....HMMMM. She's a bit over my price range.

What's nice is it's still a supercub. The new sq2's are a lot longer and wider than a cub, kind of can't compare them. You would loose 40lbs going to 31's and another 20 going to a Catto prop, maybe a couple more lbs with the spinner. That's down to 1278. Ditch the baby Bushwheel and spring for a T3 and standard Scott probably loose 8 lbs. 1270. Not a light weight cub, but pretty good. You could ditch the heavy back seat and build a narrow light weight one. You would gain a few lbs when you added the smoke tank though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigger's what sealed the deal for me. BCSC fixed what kept me away from a Supercub.

A longer airframe suits bigger motors. I wonder what the topic Cub's CG is?

Jim, I put a set of slats on a Smith Cub (earlier version of Turbine Cubs of Wyoming). The slats slowed it down but I can't remember the numbers. It was a heavy airplane but flew very nice like it was lighter.

Jim, Just trade Andy's plane in on it that would solve that problem then give him your "old" plane. Need any more help?

Yes Douten I will need your your bank name and account ��##
what is the maximum you can spare? In fact that is a good idea. If we get 10 guys to throw in $15K each we can all have fun. I have space in the hangar here at home. Russell should be good for 4 shares since he now winters in the Caymans and rubs lotion on his wife's butt side all day when he puts his fruity drink down

I haven't worried about Andy his Citabria is a flying collection of Dads stuff. Lost my Whelen led and my trickairs
Quit eyeballing that SL 40 son.

Jim

I can alleviate some of the speculation on this aircraft. It was indeed was built as a demonstrator for Turbine Cubs of Wyoming in the spring of 2009, and then sold at the Oshkosh show later that year. The current owner didn't fly it much himself after getting it home due to age and health issues, but did have another local pilot fly short flights regularly to keep it exercised. It's been hangared here in eastern Washington for most of its life and doesn't look like it's ever been off-airport. The 0-375 does have a rear mounted governor plate and the panel does have an EI manifold pressure gauge so it could be easily converted to a CS prop.

I haven't had a chance to go fly it myself yet due to the snow and ice fog we've had here in Yakima most of the last two months, but it did just go through an extensive CubCrafters annual inspection and is ready to go to a new home. Hopefully to someone who will fly it the way it was built to be flown.

Last edited:
I can alleviate some of the speculation on this aircraft. It was indeed was built as a demonstrator for Turbine Cubs of Wyoming in the spring of 2009, and then sold at the Oshkosh show later that year. The current owner didn't fly it much himself after getting it home due to age and health issues, but did have another local pilot fly short flights regularly to keep it exercised. It's been hangared here in eastern Washington for most of its life and doesn't look like it's ever been off-airport. The 0-375 does have a rear mounted governor plate and the panel does have an EI manifold pressure gauge so it could be easily converted to a CS prop.

I haven't had a chance to go fly it myself yet due to the snow and ice fog we've had here in Yakima most of the last two months, but it did just go through an extensive CubCrafters annual inspection and is ready to go to a new home. Hopefully to someone who will fly it the way it was built to be flown.

I remember that airplane from Johnson Creek in 2009.

100_2425.JPG

Attachments

• 100_2425.JPG
    100_2425.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 1,913
Now that is cool. A very clean well done brake design. Is that STD'ed? I see "Airframes" on the lever arm, I would like to know more. More photos or info would be appreciated. Thank you

Bill

Airframes Alaska sells them, about 2k if I recall. There was an article or two in SuperCub.Org about them I believe? Or somewhere online...

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Now that is cool. A very clean well done brake design. Is that STD'ed? I see "Airframes" on the lever arm, I would like to know more. More photos or info would be appreciated. Thank you

Bill

Summits and some course Black Beauty mixed into the bedliner on the 8:50 might work better

Glenn

I'm down in FL for a week doing some work on a house we bought to fix up, and do some fishing with my dad. They are hopping rides out of Venice airport in a B17, a B25 and a P51. Try to get something done with all that iron in the air
Collins? Foundation I think

jim

Most SQs are optimized for slow flight and short takeoffs so use flat props. What do you guys expect from that setup? If you want something different, make it happen.

I asked a friend who flies a Mackey built SQ. With his big motor and CS prop he's cruising at 105+ on 35s. It still does all the cool slow end stuff. The evolution of Cubs continues.

I'm down in FL for a week doing some work on a house we bought to fix up, and do some fishing with my dad. They are hopping rides out of Venice airport in a B17, a B25 and a P51. Try to get something done with all that iron in the air
Collins? Foundation I think

jim

Give in to it, we want a new Merlin smile

Glenn

Give in to it, we want a new Merlin smile

Glenn

Good lord between Grass Patch Tom and you there are no pix that you can't come up with. I didn't bring my Rolls Royce hat so I am out .p

Pretty hard not to have an ear to ear in the back of that beast

The young wife had some neighbor ladies in for lunch today. I was painting some stuff in the garage until I hear this coming
image.jpg
Pretty hard not to run screaming into the backyard like a 4 yr old chasing an ice cream truck. The girls didn't get it. Pity
Now we have some folks coming for dinner and the B17 is tearing it up.

jim

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 161
Back