• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Brake spacers

Rman

PATRON
Carrot River sask
Hello I put my 31" bushweels on rims today I was wondering if there are spacers I need too get too move the calipers away from the tire. The disks seem pretty close too the tires. The rims are Cleveland that come with the plane. Here's a pic it measures about 3/8" from the tire brake disk. Any info would be appreciate d thanks.IMG_20170121_180741.jpg

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_20170121_180741.jpg
    IMG_20170121_180741.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 136
Stoddard's has the spacer

you also can grind away some of the brake pad holder so as not to cut tire as much

be aware as you add spacers the pins that mount caliper to tourqe plate may need to be changed to longer pins Stoddard's used to have them also

I found it online thanks does anyone have a picture of what they look like

Why don't you show where you are located? You will probably need new wheel bolts, depending on how long your old bolts are.

I live in saskatchewan I thought I did have it so it shows where I live I'll have to figure out how too add where I live. I was looking at them I think I will have too get longer bolts too. Are they a special grade of bolts, could I just get some fine thread grade 8 bolts from in town?

Thanks for the tip. I should have done that a long time ago. My tires have a few small cuts from the brake disc. I just finished turning the 90 degree sharp edge off the brake disc on my lathe and smoothing with 320 emery. Now there is a nice glassy smooth round edge on the tire side. Much better. It also made sneaking my fingers in around the back to get the pads on much nicer.

Stoddard's has the spacer

you also can grind away some of the brake pad holder so as not to cut tire as much

be aware as you add spacers the pins that mount caliper to tourqe plate may need to be changed to longer pins Stoddard's used to have them also

I found it online thanks does anyone have a picture of what they look like

Here is a picture of the longer AK Bushwheel brake pins showing the part number.

421a811678567e012e3c4a48a7d0aa08.jpg

The wheels are 3 bolt clevland's I found a nieghbor that has brake disk that are a bit further away from the rim they look like they should fit I will order the longer pins too thanks for all the information

Back