• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Looking for Factory Cessna paint schemes

tcraft128

FRIEND
St. Marys GA; GA36
Anyone have a source for 1957 Cessna 182 schemes? I have many pictures and know what my plane was when it left the factory. I would like to have the 3 view showing the schemes.

Thanks for the help, I have googled and am still googling....

Jay

I follow offairportgear. I have most of the pictures of that airplane available, I really would like to have the drawings for the stripes just to have it correct. Also would like to have the placement for the external decals.

Cessna may have drawings available to purchase. Years ago they had them for the 1953 C180. They were not cheap!

Aerographics in Loveland might have the markings and paint scheme--they've got quite a bit of that in high-quality vinyl or as paint masks. It's 97% likely they'll have the logo decals. High quality, excellent service. Let us know what you find: I've always admired the '50's Cessna factory paint schemes on those airframes.

http://www.aerographics.com/

Thanks. cubscout

23713_1408291153.jpg

Going to go back to original just like this one. The plane we have was this trim from the factory. Anyone know the owner of this one? Need to get paint codes. The cessna codes dont cross over.

Attachments

• 23713_1408291153.jpg
    23713_1408291153.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 533
On my '53 C180 and another I did, after stripping paint the old scheme was visible on the bare metal.

N number and Cessna logo placement, as well as the old fat "1 8 0". Also the swoopy stripes and hashes on the cowling

That was pretty neat to find. Kindof a "blast from the past".

Ours had the Seafoam green in the usual places when we stripped it. Pretty convenient because I was going to paint it like that anyway.

Tcraft128, you should be able to look up the owner by the tail number on the FAA web page. ChipD.

Back