• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Barnstormers offline

PIPER J5.5

FRIEND
corvallis,or
Haven't been able to go to barnstormers. Last time I was there was Thursday.

Anyone else have this problem? Normally they announce shut downs.

What really gets me is that they didn't offer their customers any compensation for not having their site off-line. No extra days or $x off their next ad to make up for the outage. Pretty poor I say.

53Id7zD2Wwfzhl7brhB4LfdFGINA4BKZRfjkGpHmTGW1MDANal8iXgT7wrfrbzxFlITvqW_L3WHMGUPE_vQWCzbKIzr_eqKo3cK9BRI=s0-d-e1-ft
BARNSTORMERS WEBSITE
Announcement

On Thursday morning, December 8th 2016, Barnstormers.com website servers experienced a major systems hardware failure that has caused the Barnstormers.com website and email services to be offline. We had hoped that the website and all the services would have been restored by now. We remain offline as our hosting company has been working diligently to restore our site and all services on new servers. This takes time.

We apologize to all our users, visitors and advertisers for the disruption of service. We want you to know that we are doing everything in our power as fast as we can to have everything restored.

Everyone here at Barnstormers.com wants you to know that we tremendously appreciate and value all your support and business that you have given Barnstormers.com which is now in our 22nd year of business. We have been told that it may take another 24 hours before we will be back online. Hopefully, we will continue to be the #1 Aviation’s Busiest Marketplace!

Thank you and see you soon at “Barnstormers.com”

What really gets me is that they didn't offer their customers any compensation for not having their site off-line. No extra days or $x off their next ad to make up for the outage. Pretty poor I say.

I wouldn't doubt if they added a day or two to people's ads. Probably got their hands full right now.

Outhouse and Sears catalog truth or fiction question!!!

Those that have been there know which pages worked the best, which where they?????

DENNY

The order forms and size charts. At least that's what I used! :lol:

(Except that for us in the frozen north it was the Eaton's catalogue)

Last edited:
Outhouse and Sears catalog truth or fiction question!!!

Those that have been there know which pages worked the best, which where they?????

DENNY

Always avoid those shiny pages. The performance results will 'disappoint' you.

Web

that's called the John wayne paper, it's ruff and tuff and won't take sh-t from no one!

You boys got some experience!!! I always went for the index pages first myself. The good thing growing up going to a one room schoolhouse in the twigs of Minnesota. You realize if you don't have to wade through knee deep snow to wipe your butt with a shiny page, you will be just fine if Barnstormers have glitch for a few days!!
DENNY

back on topic

Dumbest post I've seen in a while. They are having problems beyond their control, most of the adverts are a free service, read the terms of service for the paid ones, and give them a chance to get up before you kick them. Don

Barnstormers is one of the best things going in aviation. I'm sure they aren't happy about this either. They provide a great service just like this site. When they get up and running again I am going to post and ad. Not a a free one either. They need our support just like SJ does.

Serious thread drift here, lol. Went from Barnstormers being off line to the best paper for the outhouse. Time for a separate thread?

Web

Interesting how Trade-A-Plane has shrunk since Barnstormers came along. I remember people paying crazy money to have Trade-A-Plane delivered next day. Times keep changing.

Interesting how Trade-A-Plane has shrunk since Barnstormers came along. I remember people paying crazy money to have Trade-A-Plane delivered next day. Times keep changing.
Trade-a-plane used to be about twice as many pages as it is today. They haven't helped their cause with their web site; to me, it's really clunky, poorly organized, and inefficient to use.

How it comes back online soon. Lots of people here with year end tax problems looking to buy something.

Back