Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oil temperature question

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    Congrats. I just installed a 10 row cooler (up from 7 row) to see if that will help my OTs.
    Feel free to post in here how it works out. I spent a ton of time and mental energy trying to tackle this one. I'd love to help if I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Misch View Post
    The snappy comeback pond seems to have been drained. I couldn't find anything at all in it - sorry.
    I must've really hit bottom. I can't even evoke an insult anymore. At least it wasn't Bartoli's principle.
    After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF !
    Likes CamTom12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PerryB View Post
    I must've really hit bottom. I can't even evoke an insult anymore. At least it wasn't Bartoli's principle.
    Well, my friend, maybe my reply was a better insult than I had imagined! Yah, that's it. The bait was unworthy of snappy comeback. Why didn't I think of that earlier?

Sorry for the hijak everyone. It's Perry's fault, though.
    Gordon

N4328M KTDO
    My SPOT: tinyurl.com/N4328M (case sensitive)
    Likes CamTom12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Iím now having the opposite issue with oil temps, but very happy to be dealing with that! I made a makeshift block to experiment with size requirements. Turns out I was way off. I added a bunch of layers of aluminum tape at my fuel up stop. This size hole got me to 190 degrees. OATs were 40-45. Opening is normally 4Ē.

Iím going to make something much cleaner thatíll slide in place, with some adjustment available from fully closed to probably 3/4 or so.

Just another follow-up. The new cooler location has been 100% satisfactory. Iím looking forward to summer temps to see how it does!

www.SkupTech.com mike mcs repair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CamTom12 View Post
    Iím now having the opposite issue with oil temps, but very happy to be dealing with that! I made a makeshift block to experiment with size requirements. Turns out I was way off. I added a bunch of layers of aluminum tape at my fuel up stop. This size hole got me to 190 degrees. OATs were 40-45. Opening is normally 4Ē.

Iím going to make something much cleaner thatíll slide in place, with some adjustment available from fully closed to probably 3/4 or so.

Just another follow-up. The new cooler location has been 100% satisfactory. Iím looking forward to summer temps to see how it does!
    check out the butterfly closer I made for the wildcat cub oil coolers... http://www.supercub.org/forum/showth...cat-Cub/page10