• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Rattling Bottle Cap Lure - How To Make

flagold

Abbeville, Alabama

I didn't get that A&P for nuthin' . . .

If you get a hit with a steelhead, salmon, or other western river fish I'd like to know since we don't have those here. Thanks.

Been making & using for years on salmon, brook trout, walleye & perch.
IMG_0496.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_0496.PNG
    IMG_0496.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 233
No weights early spring for top water salmon & brook trout, but add weight as water warms. Kids have a blast pulling pickerel out of shallow waters after making there own lures.

Heres an 8lbs Laker taken on a "Scooby Doo" rod & chicken wing lure by a 12yr old........priceless memory.

IMG_0543.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0543.jpg
    IMG_0543.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 203
LOL, Back in the 80's On Chibogamoo res in Canada, My Grand father and I use to use Molson Caps!!!!
Worked Great !!! :)

No weights early spring for top water salmon & brook trout, but add weight as water warms. Kids have a blast pulling pickerel out of shallow waters after making there own lures.

Heres an 8lbs Laker taken on a "Scooby Doo" rod & chicken wing lure by a 12yr old........priceless memory.

View attachment 27987

My son caught this 22 lb 2 oz. arctic char on a $20 rod and reel from Canadian Tire back in 1992. I think it might have been close to a world record for the 6 lb test line he was using, but we were hungry!

steven's.jpg

Attachments

• steven's.jpg
    steven's.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 202
Those were some great catches! There is a fishing forum I frequent (somewhat) and the general thinking of the newbies seems to be that no fish can be caught with a rod and reel combo that doesn't cost $200 or more so I immediately suggest the other end of the spectrum: a True Temper rod from the dump mated to a 1958 Zebco 33. Drives them insane similar to that old Husky thread - and I guess it's time I can reveal the truth - I had a SuperCub sitting in the hanger the whole time that was going on.

Last edited:
Back