• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Planning to fish the Yellowstone River?

mvivion

SPONSOR
Bozeman,MT
Yellowstone River is Closed​

The Yellowstone River and its tributaries are now closed indefinitely. This closure will help limit the spread of a microscopic parasite that has infected thousands of whitefish and some rainbow and cutthroat trout. This parasite causes Proliferative Kidney Disease which has the potential to cause 20 to 100% mortality.

In order to protect other rivers and Montana's outdoor economy, water users must properly clean all their equipment before moving to another watershed. The Invasive Species Action Network encourages anglers to Inspect, Clean & Dry all gear without the use of chemicals. FWP has set up decontamination sites along I-90 and elsewhere in order to reduce the spread of this parasite. An inspection station has been set up in Ennis at the Fire Station on Hwy.287.
0609cea3-2c33-4cbf-b6c4-b336580645d5.jpg

At present, no drift boats, wade anglers, paddle craft, or dogs should be in the Yellowstone River. It is hoped that limiting outside pressures will allow the fish to build up their resistance. Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks, FWP,has more information on their website.

WOW, fished it two weeks ago...

image.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpeg

Saw a few floaters but nothing massive like described. Sure hope they they get the issue resolved on this amayzing River. My guide mentioned they were threatening a closure due to whitefish issues and said they were supposed to be reporting problems.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    181.2 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 185
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
You probably brought those parasites back to Oklahoma in your beard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back