Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Chat Room

Post Thanks / Like

Chat Room

The "chat room" icon pops up at the worst time on the worst places on the screen interfering with posting pictures, etc. It is a real pain. How does one get the "chat room" icon off the screen, block it, delete it, do away with it, eliminate it, cover it up, so you can see what is going on behind it?

Post Thanks / Like
    It is should be a tiny little icon in the lower right hand corner, what screen resolution are you using? Are you on a computer or a tablet? (it was turned off on mobile devices).

sj
    "Often Mistaken, but Never in Doubt"
    ------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    No little icon on a lap top computer.
    N1PA

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a little icon on the right side of the "Chat Now" message. I have clicked "busy" and "disable" on every function, but the annoying "Chat Now" won't go away and it blocks what ever is behind it. On my laptop it effectively makes it impossible to post pictures because it appears directly over the symbol for doing so.

As I type this message it is directly over the "go advanced and "Cancel" icons, so it would be impossible for me to do either. Fortunately enough of "post quick reply" is visible so I will now "post quick reply"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skywagon8a View Post
    No little icon on a lap top computer.
    There is an icon with the chat now box on my laptop and it, along with the who's online popup, is really annoying. I'd really like to remove it.

Post Thanks / Like
    In the upper right of the chat box there's an icon ( - ) to minimize the box.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stewartb View Post
    In the upper right of the chat box there's an icon ( - ) to minimize the box.
    That minimized the box but the annoying "Chat Now" remains

Post Thanks / Like
    Huh. Whether in Safari on Chrome that box is tiny on my screen. Do you have a 5th grader you can borrow? They can usually fix computer stuff like this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tried it, doesn't seem to help much. The popups of who is on and off line are more annoying and distracting, but I'd much prefer the whole chat and notification tab to be gone from the screen.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same thing except a picture over- layers in the post box and can't read half of the post. This has been going on for a week on my IPad but not on my laptop with Microsoft.

Post Thanks / Like
    A programmer is walking along a beach and finds a lamp. He rubs the lamp, and a genie appears. “I am the most powerful genie in the world. I can grant you any wish, but only one wish.”

The programmer pulls out a map, points to it and says, “I’d want peace in the Middle East.”

The genie responds, “Gee, I don’t know. Those people have been fighting for millennia. I can do just about anything, but this is likely beyond my limits.”

The programmer then says, “Well, I am a programmer, and my programs have lots of users. Please make all my users satisfied with my software and let them ask for sensible changes.”

At which point the genie responds, “Um, let me see that map again.”

Post Thanks / Like
    HA. Good one. Ok folks, if you are using a mobile browser (and you have not told it to work like a desktop browser) the chat box should not show up.

I can see this is a problem for some folks and I am not ignoring you, just working on a good solution.

Tom, your problem with the picture is un-related and you might try the chrome browser for ipad if you have not done so already.

sj
    "Often Mistaken, but Never in Doubt"
    ------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Just so no one thinks mine is a rant of a crazy codger, here is an explanation of the issue.

Say you are wanting to post pictures of your build project, inserting images in the body of the text, as I am wont to do.

You up load the pics, then on the "manage attachments" screen you "insert" the pics into the text where you want them, clicking the icon in the lower right corner of the picture screen.

Here is the problem. The location of the "insert" icon is now covered by the "Chat Now" icon. Voila! No more inserting pictures into text!

I took a screen shot illustrating the issue, but because of the location of the "Chat Now" icon covering the tool for inserting it into this post, it will appear as an attachment, not in body of the text.

Worded differently, it is impossible to post images the way I have always done it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7688.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	25386