• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Clamp on Federal 1850 Ski

foxflyer

Just south of the Mason Dixon Line
Does anyone have any experience with a clamp on Federal 1850. I saw a set on a Citabarea last Saturday and didn't know what they were. I found an old magazine article that talked about them, said they were rare. Anybody ever fly a set of them.

That's them. How do they compare to the pedestal kind? I'm running straight 1500's now. With my setup I have separate axles for my skis. So I take my bushwheels off axle and all and bolt my skis on to the gear. The only bear is having to bleed the brakes when I switch back. Down here it straight skis don't seem practical. Was thinking about the datum ski, but they're pretty salty. The clamp on seem like a viable alternative. Plus you would get the dampening effect of the tire on top of the ski and I wouldn't have to put the small tires on as most retracts or penetration skis require.

Yeah I'm aware of that fact and thinking hard to go that route. I'm sure there's a lot of reconfiguration needed minimum is wheels and tires. I like the idea of keeping the bushwheels. When there's no snow down here there's a lot more fields that can be utilized in the winter.

Back