It's no secret that a Backcountry Supercub rev 2 is coming my way. A few guys here have asked whether I'd start a thread about my build. I don't expect to do a forum thread in the way that others have but I will have a website with progress reports and pictures if anyone cares to look in. My project is my own and comes after much thought and consideration. I've wavered between a Carbon Cub and a modified standard Cub for a couple of years. Along the way several friends have built SQ Cubs and those have gained my respect enough that I added an SQ to my wish list. With the goat rodeo that is aviation medical reform and my total lack of hope that the government can get out of its own way and do anything meaningful I grew tired of waiting. Time to make a choice and move forward. As Mom would say, piss or get off the pot. The BCSC revision 2 won the nod.
I have a separate interest in establishing a website for my businesses and in digging into that wondered how hard it might be to create one myself. Wanting a little practice first I thought maybe a blog about building an experimental Cub would be a good test platform. A few bucks a month at Web.Com secured a domain with hosting and provides a web builder option. I was traveling and had my Macbook so I signed up and jumped in. With limited access to photos I used what I had. Build process photos and narrative will dominate the site once I get to that stage. I describe my site as a website experiment that happens to be about an airplane. Take it as that. I'm no tech guy but I will try to describe my own build process with detail that may educate some, entertain some, and will probably make some roll their eyes. So be it.