• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

I have a hankering for photos of civilian planes on a stick.

Especially now that he has one of his own...

attachment.php

Attachments

• graham.jpg
    graham.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 3,178
attachment.php

Windsock at Whitehorse, YT

MTV

Attachments

• Whitehorse windsock.jpg
    Whitehorse windsock.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 3,158
Thanks, love that Norseman! L80, I'll have to look that up, are there more still? That airliner looks plastic??

Here is Swingle's video of mine going up:

Last edited:
Think it may be a norseman. Was one near here in errol nh for sale in the 80,s. Floats wheels and sksi for 27000

attachment.php

Windsock at Whitehorse, YT

MTV
Nice, although that pic is more than a couple years old. The -3 now resides about a quarter mile south of that location. Just about adjacent the tower, in front of the transportation museum

I don't know about a plane on stick but a guy had a bunch of trackers on a pole all the way down his driveway i was scud running home but never found it again . Looks like maybe eight or 15 feet off the ground all mounted on poles somewhere near Rockford Illinois

Cubman60, Is that a real -51 on the pole or a copy? I can't imagine that a real one would have escaped the collectors.

I seem to recall seeing a photo of a Bristol 170 Freighter on a pole somewhere in Canada.
Anyone have that?
For those not familiar with the Bristol, it's a high-wing twin-engine transport with a pair of 1,980 hp radials and a nose that opens up for loading under the high flight deck. And it's a taildragger, of course. I've never seen one in person, but they seem really cool.
They kinda remind me of the old Sikorsky H-34 Choctaw / Seahorse radial-engine helo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_Freighter

Skywagon8a, That is a replica scaled down 51, painted up like Bob Hoovers 51.
I was just passing thru and stopped to take the picture.

Maybe not on a stick but here the one on Pablo Escobar gate !!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 2,550
Saw this on I-90 about the WY SD state line. Just west of Spearfish.
Looks like maybe a T Bone. Twin Bonanza. Props were even turning in the wind.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 528
I seem to recall seeing a photo of a Bristol 170 Freighter on a pole somewhere in Canada.
Anyone have that?
For those not familiar with the Bristol, it's a high-wing twin-engine transport with a pair of 1,980 hp radials and a nose that opens up for loading under the high flight deck. And it's a taildragger, of course. I've never seen one in person, but they seem really cool.
They kinda remind me of the old Sikorsky H-34 Choctaw / Seahorse radial-engine helo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_Freighter

I think the Bristol you are thinking of is the one at Yellowknife http://www.explorenorth.com/nwt/images/598-bristol_freighter-yellowknife-4323.html

Mike

there was a real nice p-51 out side Gautamalas ,big airport, la auora militaryside,in the80's someone may have sold it by now.

Glenn Curtiss Museum, Hammondsport, NY
IMG_4094.jpg

IMG_4094A.JPG
P1050787.JPG
P1050787A.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4094.jpg
    IMG_4094.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_4094A.JPG
    IMG_4094A.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 464
  • P1050787.JPG
    P1050787.JPG
    274.7 KB · Views: 429
  • P1050787A.JPG
    P1050787A.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 396
Here's a couple more for ya...!

oops.... one might not be civilian, and one might not be a plane...!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 459
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 340
That first pic looks like it would work for a control tower at OSH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a luscombe on a pole in Bowman ND but it didn't last long and blew away. Last I saw it was laying on the ground next to the pole and not in very good shape

Back