• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Federal AWB 2500

polardds

Eagle River, Alaska
Trying to look for some help here for my brother in law. He has a Stinson 103 that came with some Federal AWB 2500's. They were never installed on the plane. He wants to know if there is any documentation out there on how to install them. I told him to give them to me and I would put them on my cub. I tried to search the forums here but everything seemed to be "Call this guy." instead of actual documentation. He is an air guard pilot and wants to do everything with a book.

Thanx in Advance.

...give them to me and I would put them on my cub.
Thanx in Advance.

not my design, but heres a nice brackets I helped fabricate in the past, so you can run them on your cub with BIG tires :)

skibracket1.jpg

Trying to look for some help here for my brother in law. He has a Stinson 103 that came with some Federal AWB 2500's. They were never installed on the plane. He wants to know if there is any documentation out there on how to install them. I told him to give them to me and I would put them on my cub. I tried to search the forums here but everything seemed to be "Call this guy." instead of actual documentation. He is an air guard pilot and wants to do everything with a book.

Thanx in Advance.

First, to the best of my knowledge, there is no such thing as a "Stinson 103". Are you talking about a Stinson 108-3?

If so, look up the Stinson Type Certificate Data Sheet....Google search for "Aircraft type certificate data sheets". Search by holder of the TC, in this case, Univair owns the Type Certificates for the Stinson.....look for TC 767 which covers the 108-1,108-2, and 108-3. Near the end of that you'll find, under other stuff this:

1. Skis (Axle per Stinson Dwg. 108-5G11001 required for (a) and (b)):
    1. (a) Federal A2500, A2500A, A3500, or A3500AFederal Installation Dwg. S1A-2500
    2. (b) Call S-5 (Call Dwg. 251 and 255A)
*(c) Federal Model AWA-2500Federal Installation Dwg. 11R418
Ski position indicator ES-B-143, or equivalent, required.
(See also Item 401(l) for required Airplane Flight Manual Supplement.)

1. *(d) Federal Model AWB-2500Federal Installation Dwg. 11F556
    Ski position indicator required as in (c)

Thats the authorization to install those skis as a minor alteration. A/P signature is all that's needed. FAA has already blessed the installation.

Id tell him to contact Univair. If anyone has the installation drawings and parts, they should.

MTV

Back